TiVo Community Forum banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

· Notable Member
96,187 Posts
rainwater said:
I understand that. But then TiVo has to host a huge file. But what format to use? Then people will want certain formats. I don't see how to make everyone happy here.
Use something widely in use. Since iTunes is so popular for podcasts, go for QuickTime with H.264. QuickTime is widely used by PCs, too, and H.264 is a new, modern, codec standard.

Remember, this is IN ADDITION TO the delivery of the content to TiVo's, and NOT to replace it. The file really isn't all that huge. If they are gonna start to push lots of other video down, what is one more thing to host?

· This space for rent
4,684 Posts
TiVoShanan said:
Hey, Justmike (and anyone who has the DVD Recorder box)....
Select SHOWCASES and look for the logo that says "Go Behind the Scenes..."
It should be there!
Let me know.
p.s. I like your avatar, too! hehehehe
Shanan,

Well I finally got to watch it on the DVD Tivo ... GREAT!

The stanalone does not have the content, menu item is there and it looks like it is gonna play but never does. PM me if the tech guys want the service number. Also not under the SHOWCASES like it was on the DVD Tivo.

Mike

· Notable Member
96,187 Posts
:(

Looks like the last time Teleworld Paid Programing recorded was December 7th. That seems weird, since I thought I saw some new ad stuff on after that.

My cable system/lineup changed in Mid-December. Wonder if it's related?? It WAS recording on Discovery, then switched to PAX, but now, nothing. What time should I set a manual recording? Or is it really moot? Will this be broadcast again??

· The TiVo Spokesgal
146 Posts
No, I don't think this will be rebroadcast, but I don't know everything.

As far as Series1 goes, maybe there just isn't enough space?
Again, I'm not a "big know-it-all," so I'm guessing.

FYI... I leave first thing tomorrow morning for the deep cavernous hell that is the Consumer Electronics Show, so if I'm not answering any burning questions, you'll know why.

If you're coming to visit us, sneak me in some fresh, healthy snacks, will ya? :)

· Notable Member
96,187 Posts
TiVoShanan said:

FYI... I leave first thing tomorrow morning for the deep cavernous hell that is the Consumer Electronics Show, so if I'm not answering any burning questions, you'll know why.

If you're coming to visit us, sneak me in some fresh, healthy snacks, will ya? :)
heh.. But I have lots of old TeleWorld programs going way back into September. Something is going on. I bet it has to do with a change in cable systems at my apartment.

Anyway, I guess I'll need to find some other way to get my TiVoShanan fix. ;)

· Who?
1,004 Posts
TiVoShanan said:

I so wish I were there!

/takes Shanan's nerd card.

love ya Shanan! :D

(another vote for the fear factor download or bittorrent for that matter).

· Registered
23 Posts
DancnDude said:
That wouldn't work for DirecTiVos either, which is kinda the point of people asking for a download.

For the record, I have 2 series 2 units and a series 1 and I only received the showcase on one of the series 2 units. No idea why.
I have the series 2 and never got it....like the download like rocketboom idea

· I can't explain
19,455 Posts
rainwater said:
I understand that. But then TiVo has to host a huge file. But what format to use? Then people will want certain formats. I don't see how to make everyone happy here.
use a format that will allow TiVoToGo to send it to a TiVo for us with series 2 adn all others can still play it on their PC.

· Registered
13 Posts
TiVoShanan said:
Hey, Justmike (and anyone who has the DVD Recorder box)....

Select SHOWCASES and look for the logo that says "Go Behind the Scenes..."

It should be there!

Let me know.

p.s. I like your avatar, too! hehehehe
Hi Shanan,

I have the Humax DVD Recorder, but never got the download. Nuttin in SHOWCASES except RocketBoom and an advertisment.

· Registered
7 Posts
I saw that the Executive Producer Matt Kunitz's "Now Playing" list includes "Over There". I wonder if he's as disappointed as I am that the show was canceled? :( I saw Erik Palladino a couple months ago and, had I known my wife had her digital camera in her purse, I would have asked him for a photo.

· Roller coaster addict :)
10,463 Posts
TiVoShanan said:
And remember: no meat. Check with the chef at Emeril's at the MGM Grand for ideas. :)

I enjoyed that segment: a good mix of TiVo and behind-the-scenes goodness. While Mom and I were watching it, I got to explain to her that I had dinner with Shanan when we did the Chef's Table in Vegas. :)

My Mom has cable but still uses dial-up for updates. The FF segment was recorded during a Teleworld/Advanced/something Paid Programming broadcast. If you don't get the channel it's on or have something else recording, it won't get it.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.