TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

· I'm back!
36,455 Posts
Turtleboy said:
If it's just a teleworld broadcast that mean that it's being recorded and 2 in the morning or so. Set a season pass for Teleworld and it should be there.
Yeah, that's what I did.

For some reason, the "press thumbs up to record" overlays never appeared for the TVG content, and none of the stuff ever showed up in the Showcases. I assume that merely choosing to record the presentation would not have been enough to break the integration of the content into the TiVo menu. Maybe that's a bad assumption.

· Thrice as nice
11,415 Posts
rainwater said:
Don't you think if they were going to provide it, they would provide it as TiVo downloadable content (like RocketBoom).
That wouldn't work for DirecTiVos either, which is kinda the point of people asking for a download.

For the record, I have 2 series 2 units and a series 1 and I only received the showcase on one of the series 2 units. No idea why.

· Notable Member
96,187 Posts
rainwater said:
Don't you think if they were going to provide it, they would provide it as TiVo downloadable content (like RocketBoom).
What DancnDude says. Not everyone has a StandAlone Series2 TiVo hooked up to the internet via broadband. The goal should be to let as many of Shanan's fans see these video things.

· This space for rent
4,684 Posts
TiVoShanan said:
All the more public votes on this "download" front are helpful.

THANKS!!!
Shanan,

I had the entry on one of my Tivos a standalone Humax without the DVD and did not have it on the Humax with the DVD. Also the one that had the menu item did not actually have the clip. So you had the menu item which took you to the bar with the menu item but nothing ever played :(

Talk about being left hanging ;)

Mike

P.S. Like the new Avatar too!

· Registered
6,445 Posts
jsmeeker said:
What DancnDude says. Not everyone has a StandAlone Series2 TiVo hooked up to the internet via broadband. The goal should be to let as many of Shanan's fans see these video things.
I understand that. But then TiVo has to host a huge file. But what format to use? Then people will want certain formats. I don't see how to make everyone happy here.

· The TiVo Spokesgal
146 Posts
Hey, Justmike (and anyone who has the DVD Recorder box)....

Select SHOWCASES and look for the logo that says "Go Behind the Scenes..."

It should be there!

Let me know.

p.s. I like your avatar, too! hehehehe

21 - 40 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.