TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(I'm 2 hours too late for this, but it may affect someone out there)

PROGRAMMING ALERT:
Giants Baseball will air on NBC Bay Area starting at 7pm.
Blindspot and The Blacklist will air at their normal times on COZI-TV, on Comcast 186
and over-the-air on 11.3.
You can catch full episodes on https://www.nbc.com/video later on.

·
Registered
26,250 Posts
They weren't in HD, but they WERE in the proper aspect ratio. Personally I wish all of the SD channels did this. I know that it SOUNDS like I'm being one of the people in the past who didn't want letterbox, but it's not the same.

'zoom' doesn't properly fit (and looks really bad), but a 16:9 SD recording is still much smaller than a HD recording and looks IMHO pretty good.. definitely not HD, but still good.

BTW, this kind of thing is one reason to change all OPs to 'all channels', though if they're Always HD, they would have missed this.

·
Registered
13,164 Posts
Wouldn’t work well for systems that have SD channels lower than HD, which is a lot. It would catch the SD because TiVo favors the lower number.

You could set to prefer HD but I don’t trust TiVo’s SD/HD markings at all.

·
Registered
26,250 Posts
what wouldn't work well? this exact thing -- all channels -- made me NOT miss the episodes.

No, nowadays Tivo favors the higher #. (Which is why I keep getting recordings on the 1000 channels rather than the 700 ones I'm familiar with.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.