TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
tivoheaven.co.uk
5,577 Posts
Nearly 18 months for a Seagate 300gb.

Hmmmmm - I guess you've been a bit unlucky there, but the good news is that the drive itself will still be a covered by Seagate's 5-year warranty, so you can get a free replacement from them.

The question is, should you get that re-configured and hope it lasts in your TiVo or should you go for something like the Samsung HA250JC or HD400LD instead?

I stopped selling Seagate drives about 6 months ago after the problems with the 7200.9 series and I have to say that Samsung drives, on the whole, seem better suited to TiVo use than Seagate despite the fact that Seagates have a longer warranty.

·
tivoheaven.co.uk
5,577 Posts
My warranty is 1 year, and within that time I will send out a replacement drive, fully reconfigured, FOC if your drive develops a fault.

After 1 year you have only the manufacturer's warranty, but if you send the old drive back to me I will deal with the RMA and reconfigure the replacement drive when it arrives for a charge of £35 plus postage.

Please PM or email me if you wish to take this further, as this forum is not really the place to discuss details :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.