TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Tivo seems to have died yet again :(

Its coming up on a green screen saying it has a severe error and to leave it for 24 hours for the reciever to try and repair itself and then to call customer services.

24 hours later its still not working...seems to try to re-boot itself and the error just comes back. Customer services were no help....Any ideas please?????

·
tivoheaven.co.uk
5,577 Posts
Nearly 18 months for a Seagate 300gb.

Hmmmmm - I guess you've been a bit unlucky there, but the good news is that the drive itself will still be a covered by Seagate's 5-year warranty, so you can get a free replacement from them.

The question is, should you get that re-configured and hope it lasts in your TiVo or should you go for something like the Samsung HA250JC or HD400LD instead?

I stopped selling Seagate drives about 6 months ago after the problems with the 7200.9 series and I have to say that Samsung drives, on the whole, seem better suited to TiVo use than Seagate despite the fact that Seagates have a longer warranty.

·
tivoheaven.co.uk
5,577 Posts
My warranty is 1 year, and within that time I will send out a replacement drive, fully reconfigured, FOC if your drive develops a fault.

After 1 year you have only the manufacturer's warranty, but if you send the old drive back to me I will deal with the RMA and reconfigure the replacement drive when it arrives for a charge of £35 plus postage.

Please PM or email me if you wish to take this further, as this forum is not really the place to discuss details :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.