TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I wanted to install the desktop option, but I currently have Service pak 1 on windows xp.
I am afraid to download service pak 2 because at the time when it came out everyone said not to.

Is it ok to download it now?

P.S. I have bittorrents, and would hate to lose the ability to download stuff (tv shows on channels I don't have).

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
pdragonfly said:
Hi,
I wanted to install the desktop option, but I currently have Service pak 1 on windows xp.
I am afraid to download service pak 2 because at the time when it came out everyone said not to.

Is it ok to download it now?

P.S. I have bittorrents, and would hate to lose the ability to download stuff (tv shows on channels I don't have).
I use SP2. There is a fix to open your simultaneous connections back up. I believe you replace your TCP.sys file. Search the web.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Soapm said:
I use SP2. There is a fix to open your simultaneous connections back up. I believe you replace your TCP.sys file. Search the web.
Hi,
I posted this thread after searching the web. I only found very old (years) information and was hoping that this forum would have up to date info.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
pdragonfly said:
Hi,
I posted this thread after searching the web. I only found very old (years) information and was hoping that this forum would have up to date info.
sp2 is years old.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts