TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TiVo folks,

So I found a perfect fit foot replacement for the rubber feet that turn into a crumbled mess. Aliexpress has 12 feet for $4.32 with free shipping. All you have to do is pull out and reuse the existing rubber rivet with some kind of pry tool. You can use a steak knife. The fit is perfect. I got the black, 40.5mmx13.5mm feet but you can get them in silver or gold. Just make sure you get the 40.5mmx13.5mm size. Search for "audio feet" at the aliexpress site and you'll see a bunch of stores with free shipping.

By the way, regarding Premiere fan noise and replacement. I unplug ALL of my fans. I don't care for the noise even with a good fan running. As long as there is space under the TIVO for convection airflow, you're good. It's been 10yrs and I've never fried a TIVO with the exception of replacing the bulging capacitors in the power supply. You can also put a fitted heat conductor on top of the HDD so that it contacts the top case which will dissipate additional HDD heat.

-Jim
4 Premieres and 1 bolt. All Lifetime.

Product Automotive tire Font Material property Circle
Automotive tire Black Audio equipment Gas Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What is that? Picture? I took apart some Directv DVRs and they had some white rubbery thing between drive and case (pretty much fitted to drive.) Is that what you are talking about? I kept a couple, fit 3.5" drives. Would they only work if contacting the drive and a metal case, if plastic case no good?
I've never needed to place a conducting device, so I've lost a few drives. Perhaps more often than if I'd have left the fans connected. But, since I do NOT want to ever hear those noisy fans, I have no problem replacing a drive every few years on a TiVo. Nevertheless, to utilize the top case as a heat conductor you fill that gap space between the top of the drive and the top case with a good head conductor. Slab of aluminum? Rubber as you mentioned? A quick Amazon search and I found this: https://www.amazon.com/Wathai-100x1...BLT8FF4/ref=pd_lpo_3?pd_rd_i=B07BLT8FF4&psc=1

-J

1 - 4 of 4 Posts