TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Series 4 Tivo. The software version it is running is 20.7.4d.RC13-746-2-746.
The user interface has reverted to a very old Tivo version. It looks like one of my old Series 3 UIs. I am getting just a simple Tivo menu. The correct interface would show the Tivo menu with some graphic framing and what was playing on the current channel would be in a "postage stamp" in the corner of the screen. There is no recognition that there is a 2nd Tivo on the network. I used to watch shows from the 2nd Tivo on this one and now the Show List is simply the locally recorded shows. A Restart changes nothing. I have not forced a network connection but they seem to happening normally. The last successfully one was yesterday morning.
Any ideas why this happening

· Registered
119 Posts

· Ambassador to the City of Chicago
742 Posts
Go to Settings & Messages > Settings > Display - do you see "Choose TiVo Menus"? If not, please go to System Information (Settings and Messages > Account and System Info > System Information) and post the following lines (from the bottom).

HDUI Available:
Active UI Mode:
HDUI Support:
Active Video Output format:

Also, go to tivo.com, log into your account and make sure it says "Privacy Status - Opt In", as Opt-Out will disable HDUI.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Go to Settings & Messages > Settings > Display - do you see "Choose TiVo Menus"? If not, please go to System Information (Settings and Messages > Account and System Info > System Information) and post the following lines (from the bottom).

HDUI Available:
Active UI Mode:
HDUI Support:
Active Video Output format:

Also, go to tivo.com, log into your account and make sure it says "Privacy Status - Opt In", as Opt-Out will disable HDUI.
SO this is what I have:

HDUI Available: Yes
Active UI Mode: Classic
HDUI Support: Capable
Active Video Output format: 1080i

· Ambassador to the City of Chicago
742 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, that's one of the common causes of this issue. Mentioned above in the linked thread, I think.
I have made those Privacy Adjustments but have not seen my interface update yet. I will look to see if i need to reset the "Menu Look" in my Tivo settings. Thanks to all of you for jumping to my assistance.
Pat P.
Yes, that's one of the common causes of this issue. Mentioned above in the linked thread, I think.
I have made the Privacy adjustments at Tivo.com. And forcing a network connection I then needed to set the "menu" appearance to be HD again.
Thank you all for your assistance. I appreciate it.
Pat P

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.