TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
~0.0~
215 Posts
Just for the heck of it, try switching from 1080i fixed to native. It smells as an issue between your tv and the tivo boxes. Hope others with a similar experience can chip in. Good luck to you

·
~0.0~
215 Posts
Just trying to help you, could it be HDCP issues? Have you looked into the display forums? Perhaps it is a setting in your tellie.

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,1894924,00.asp

If you're savvy with computers, you can replace Tivo's hard drive yourself. I believe in one of the sticky's you'll find instructions how to make an image of your current HD, swap the drive, and reload the image on your new drive. Nevertheless, for me that would be the last resort.

·
~0.0~
215 Posts
Glad it helped. For the fun of it, test it with a different HDMI cable. One of the $15 ones should do. In the world of HDMI, cables are either good or bad (there is no such thing as a "better" HDMI cable). Also make sure they fit snugly.

·
~0.0~
215 Posts
Personally, I am not yet convinced it is a hard drive issue. To me it sounds like a pixelation problem combined with a possible HDMI/DHCP issue. Try a new HDMI cable and try -in this forum- proposed solutions to minimize pixelation. If you have a cable splitter, remove it. Use good coax cables from the wall output to your tivo.
Add a signal amplifier if you suspect your signal is weak. If you have the cable run through a power surge protector, remove it. These last solutions helped me in the past. By the way, my problems were really channel dependent (meaning: only a few channels gave problems)

·
~0.0~
215 Posts
You don't run the cable through the Monster surge protector, right? I wonder if a reinstall of the firmware would help you. Ask Tivo tech support if that is possible. Good luck to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.