TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a series 3 - HD that has had issues before with processing the schedule. This turned out to be an issue with an upgraded hard drive (i.e. a larger than what TiVo ever put into one of these things) and having a tuning adapter. The work around was to put the turning adapter (TA) on a timer that would turn it off every night for a few hours so TiVo could process the new schedule without the TA messing with it. This worked fine for years. Then I moved the system and decided to see if TiVo had fixed the problem, so I left the TA on all the time. Turns out the problem took about 9 months to show up. Oh well, I thought, I just need to put it back on that timer. Well, while TiVo is not complaining that it is about to run out of scheduling (the tell-tell sign of the earlier issue), it absolutely refuses to recognize any shows that are season passes and record them. If I go into the Guide and manually select a show, and I have to select "Yes, record this one too." then TiVo will record it. Otherwise, nothing. I even created a new season pass, and while TiVo created it, it didn't schedule any of the episodes to record. When you select one of the season passes, and select "view up coming episode" it states there aren't any on the schedule, but of course there are.

I have tried rebooting, and playing games with the priority of the season passes, and "max number of episodes" (which I almost always set to "all") none of which made any difference. I also went through the "setup guide" again. That also didn't help. I guess I could go through the clear all programing data to force the TiVo to rebuild the database, assuming that is what is wrong, but before I go to that much trouble, I'm curious if anyone else has seen this problem, and if so what did you to do resolve it? And/or simply have some ideas of anything else to try.

TIA

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
I have tried rebooting, and playing games with the priority of the season passes, and "max number of episodes" (which I almost always set to "all") none of which made any difference. I also went through the "setup guide" again. That also didn't help. I guess I could go through the clear all programing data to force the TiVo to rebuild the database, assuming that is what is wrong, but before I go to that much trouble, I'm curious if anyone else has seen this problem, and if so what did you to do resolve it? And/or simply have some ideas of anything else to try.
The only thing I've seen similar is on a 2TB upgraded drive, somehow TiVo lost track of free space and even though I had shows in the Recently deleted folder, it wouldn't record new shows until I went and deleted some additional shows.

Whatever you do, I wouldn't do Repeat Guided Setup. On these old TiVo's you can easily get stuck on a Repeat Guided Setup S03 error infinite loop.

If you have anything that might be a guide or recording problem and are out of options, I would do Clear Program Information and ToDo List. Unless you have specified additional privacy options, your todo list should repopulate back from TiVo servers, but you probably want to back them up with kmttg just to be safe.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
The only thing I've noticed on my Tivo HD is that it no longer records episodes with punctuation in Wish List titles. I have a couple of wish lists with wildcards (*) not pick up episodes that have a period (Ash vs. Evil Dead) or apostrophe (Survivor's Remorse). Season passes with or without punctuation work as well as wish lists without punctuation.

I would also do a Clear program information & todo list. I'm pretty sure that backing up season passes or anything else in kmttg that relies on RPC no longer works with a Series 3 Tivos.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Funny, after doing the Clear Programing information & Todo Lists, there were still about half (21) of the season passes still there. However, TiVo still wasn't honoring them. So, I deleted them, then recreated them, and presto, it is now recording shows again. Too weird. Hopefully this won't ever happen again.

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
Funny, after doing the Clear Programing information & Todo Lists, there were still about half (21) of the season passes still there. However, TiVo still wasn't honoring them. So, I deleted them, then recreated them, and presto, it is now recording shows again. Too weird. Hopefully this won't ever happen again.
I hope it never happens again also. But if it does, the CPI&TDL will cause to TDL be cleared temporarily. Look at the 1P manager and notice it says "Updating" this will take a while, depending on the number of 1P. I have 20 and it takes about 15 minutes. When the updating is done you should then have a populated TDL. I did this today, so I'm sure it still works this way. You do have to wait until the guide is full of course.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.