TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Located in Cleveland, Ohio, I just purchased the Series 3 HD at Circuit City. Many thanks to the people in these forums mentioning the 10% off coupon.

Just called my cable company (Time Warner) and they coming tomorrow to install cable cards into my TV.

However, can I wait until after the technican leaves to activate my HD Tivo? I am not going to be home when they come tomorrow during the day and my wife does not want to get involved.

I am hoping they can come install the cards and I can come home tomorrow and just connect the HD BOX. Will this work?

Any advice here is appreciated. Please let me know. Thanks.

· Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just bought the new one for $258 today. (That's Tivo HD, right?). If I activate the new box now, I have to then de-activate an existing one. I don't want to do that now because I won't be able to watch TV until the Time Warner gets there.

Since they are giving me an "8am to 8pm" window for tomorrow, I want to wait an activate my new Tivo HD at the last possible minute.

Looking at the back of my TV. I see a slot there for cablecard. How many cablecards do I need? Do they plug into TV, Tivo, or both?

Please help explain. Thanks.

· Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They're the only game in town so they provide an awful level of customer service. I am going to activate the Tivo in the morning and then hope someone is home when they get here.

A 12 hour window is awful. Anyone else dealing with that kind of service level.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.