TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered Novice
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys, I'm a new Tivo user, and though I love it I need/want more space. Typically computer upgrades don't intimidate me, but after reading through some of the details here I'm a little intimidated.

I have a TCD652160 and I want to upgrade my 160GB drive to a 1TB drive. I purchased a WD Green (WD10EARS, dated 11-01-2010) at the advice of another Tivo user.

1) While reading through the threads I see I may have an Intellipark issue. How can I know if my 1TB drive was manufactured before the Intellipark change?

2) I have a copy of WINMFS and a S3 image, but where can I find some clear instructions on getting the image onto my new drive correctly? (I don't care about losing any current content, I just want my Tivo to function correctly when done!)

3) What type of cable do I need to connect my new 1TB drive to my computer to execute WINMFS to copy the image?

Are there a couple of threads that would be particularly useful for a novice like me to get started? Thanks!

· Registered
16,638 Posts
OK guys, I'm a new Tivo user, and though I love it I need/want more space. Typically computer upgrades don't intimidate me, but after reading through some of the details here I'm a little intimidated.

I have a TCD652160 and I want to upgrade my 160GB drive to a 1TB drive. I purchased a WD Green (WD10EARS, dated 11-01-2010) at the advice of another Tivo user.

1) While reading through the threads I see I may have an Intellipark issue. How can I know if my 1TB drive was manufactured before the Intellipark change?

2) I have a copy of WINMFS and a S3 image, but where can I find some clear instructions on getting the image onto my new drive correctly? (I don't care about losing any current content, I just want my Tivo to function correctly when done!)

3) What type of cable do I need to connect my new 1TB drive to my computer to execute WINMFS to copy the image?

Are there a couple of threads that would be particularly useful for a novice like me to get started? Thanks!
I'm going to be cruel and make you search this web site for my previous posts where I cover this

Plug

unitron

and

UBCD

into the search function which should get you instructions on how you can make yourself a copy of the Ultimate Boot CD

Then search

unitron

and

wdidle3.exe

and that'll find info on running

wdidle3.exe

(which is on the UBCD) to disable Intellipark, which your EARS almost certainly has enabled.

You'll need to have it connected directly to a SATA port on your PC's motherboard for the program to be able to detect and manipulate it.

· Go Pats!
10,354 Posts
Ahhh Unitron.....it was his first post....... ;)

· Registered
16,638 Posts

Hope you don't think I was trying to chase you off--I really am willing to be of help, but I've covered your questions extensively in previous posts.

But if you find something in them unclear, feel free to post again and ask me to expand upon whatever it was.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.