TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a series 2 standalone and using Sony D receiver. It won't see the PPV movie names. Never had this issue with the old Hughes DTV unit, and kids' same unit does not have the problem. I love the networking capability in the series 2, photos from the PC on the Tivo, Tivo Desktop rocks and moving stuff to the ipod is nice too -- is this PPV thing a known issue? Is there a workaround? TIA...

·
Lost in Big Bend
1,512 Posts
Hmmm... mine works, but then both of mine are DTivo units. Perhaps someone in a standalone Tivo site can help...

·
Astute User
11,392 Posts
It could simply be DirecTV doesn't supply guide data to outside guide providers, which supply Standalone TiVos. If that is the case, there is no practical fix.

·
Nice to see you
9,683 Posts
tivoedge said:
But I do have the DirecTv Sony receiver feeding the standalone Tivo ... ???
Your standalone TiVo isn't getting its listings data from your DirecTV receiver; it's getting the listings by making a connection to the TiVo service. Classicsat is correct -- DirecTV keeps the actual listings for its PPV movie channels to itself, which means TiVo doesn't have them to give to you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.