TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!
I just FINALLY got a cable box from Adelphia that has a serial port on the back (had to go through like 5 people until someone understood what I was asking for) but my TiVo can't chnage channels using the serial connection. How do I verify that the port is enable or disabled? I saw in the "system info" type screen in the boxes setting s menu that IR Blast is set to off, is this what I am looking for?

Thanks in advance!
Brian

·
Registered
2 Posts
I didn't see any reply to this thread. I just got a Motorola DCT2224 cable box from Adelphia with Firmware 7.93 loaded on it. It has a 9 pin serial port on the back, but when I try to connect it to my Tivo (Series 2) box, Tivo say's it can't change the channels. I have done some searching on the web and saw from other posts that it used to work, but it looks like Adelphia disabled this capability. Can anyone confirm/deny that?

Are there any work arounds to get this working again, or am I suck with my crappy IR solution?

Thanks in advance

- Tony

·
Registered
250 Posts
I used the serial connection on my adelphia moto box for a year and a half until they updated it for VOD.

They disabled the serial port at that time in my area and refuse to enable it again.

I like you am stuck with crappy IR.

Hope is on the horizon.... HD cable card tivo (we can burn our digital boxes one and all) I'm putting my name down on the 1st preorder list I can find.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We also have two Motorola digital cable boxes from Adelphia and both seem to have the 9pin serial ports turned off. :confused: Yes, the IR channel control option (#93) is slow and not always reliable.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This weekend my wife and I sat down on the couch with our popcorn all ready to watch Survivor, hit the Play button and...well, it wasn't Survivor! So I decided this weekend to just take my cable box out of the mix as far as TiVo is concerned! After missing several shows because it didn't change the channel correctly when using IR I'd had enough! Until Adelphia decides to be smart and allow customers to use the box to it's full potential I guess we'll just be using the internal tuner!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts