TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stupid question here.... I made a serial cable today and hooked it up to my DSR7000 series 2 Dtivo. Using Hyperterminal with 115200 8-N-1-None as the settings. As the tivo reboots, I can see all of the boot information but once it gets down to the '... Sending Done Event' everything seems to come to a halt. No Bash prompt, nothing... Hitting return several times yields nothing. It seems like the cable is good since I can watch the tivo boot in Hyperterminal. I can telnet in via my USB network adapter but just trying for some insurance when I break the USB drivers. Anyone know what I might be doing wrong??

Thanks,

Don C.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, I shorted the last 2 pins on the plug for the tivo side and I get an echo in hyperterm when typing.

If I telnet to the tivo and run ps aux, the next to the last process is '/bin/bash -login' and the last process is the 'ps aux' command. Is this the /bin/bash that I am looking for?? There is not one earlier in the list..

Thanks,

Don C.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.