TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 631 Posts

·
It sucks to be me
6,875 Posts
And to think... The movie was supposed to open on the 23rd originally.. Just 11 days from now. Oh well, another 5 months...

·
No, not Detroit.
13,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sschwart said:
And to think... The movie was supposed to open on the 23rd originally.. Just 11 days from now. Oh well, another 5 months...
Damn you for reminding me!

indyjones1023 said:
I will definitely be rewatching the series first. Can't wait me fer sum Firefly guudniss!
I will too! It was funny, the first time through watching the DVDs when I got to "Heart of Gold" (Which I thought was the weakest episode) I sat there thinking WTF is Julie Cooper doing in this... :D

·
Wear Your Mask!
62,678 Posts
<costanza>SERENITY NOW!</costanza> :)

·
Coney Island Small
32,706 Posts
I've got two more episodes to watch. What a great show. I especially like the way they made up curse words of the future. The censors of today never caught them!

·
Rebus Philbin
38,568 Posts
Just bumping the "news" thread with some info.

I just listened to the latest podcast of The Signal (#4) that just came out. There is a good interview with Adam Baldwin, another Chinese lesson, some news (there's a fan film they talk about)...all in all, a good listen.

The website is http://signal.serenityfirefly.com/signal.php and the podcast URL is there also.

·
Circa Dec 2005
3,386 Posts
All these Serentity/Firefly threads are driving me nuts.

I must make time to watch the series. Now!

·
Circa Dec 2005
3,386 Posts
Skittles said:
You... you haven't watched yet??

*gasp*
Um. Sorry. I know. We are bad. It's just....the Maui B-day meet....then OC took off to KC the following weekend....and here we are.

We'll start it up Thurs night... I hope.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Toeside said:
Um. Sorry. I know. We are bad. It's just....the Maui B-day meet....then OC took off to KC the following weekend....and here we are.

We'll start it up Thurs night... I hope.
Well, I can't watch it until you all finish - so hurry up! :mad:
:)

·
Rebus Philbin
38,568 Posts
FYI, the pocast called The Signal has episode 6 up. These guys have scored another interview, for the third episode in a row. First is was Adam Baldwin, then Gina Torres, and this week, Ron Glass.

·
West Coast citizen!
28,422 Posts
FYI... the first snippet of the Serenity movie novelization is now available on the Browncoats website. The brief snippet deals, strangely enough, with a re-telling of the battle of Serenity Valley, exactly as seen in the opening of the "Serenity" pilot episode of Firefly. It's still a great read, and gives you some great insight into Mal and Zoe (moreso Mal... it shows you why he never stops living that battle).

Two strange things, though.

- The battle of Serenity Valley plays no part in the movie whatsoever, which makes you wonder why the author chose to flesh it out. Even I'm confused by it.

- The author gets Zoe's last name wrong. Very, very wrong. He doesn't go by her maiden name (Warren) or her married name (Washburn).

Oh, and the author is Keith R. A. DeCandido, whose name should sound familar to sci-fi fans (particularly folks reading recent Trek books).

·
PSWii60
3,108 Posts
Skittles said:
Dang, I was all excited hoping you might have some info on the trailer. :D
This coming from the person who's already seen the movie multiple times. :p

I'll definitely be gettig the screenplay, though. Joss' scripts usually have some...interesting descriptions. :)

1 - 20 of 631 Posts