TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling my 2 TIVO series 2 DVRs. Currently we pay 12.95/mo for the first and $6.50 or something like that for the 2nd. When I sell them, will that person be able to keep the $12.95 / $6.95 price or will they have to pay the currelty $16.95 or whatever it is for new subscribers? Basically I want to transfer the billing to someone else and change all the contact info. I do not have a lifetime subscription on the units (I should have though I know...)

Thanks
ed

·
Banned
4,869 Posts
If you are replacing these tivos, I would suggest that you transfer the current subscriptions by changing the service numbers from the old units to the new units via your tivo.com account rather than canceling the old and starting new subscriptions to avoid higher monthly costs and or any commitment period.

·
Lord of Darkness
1,554 Posts
The New owner would pay whatever the going rate is for a 1/2 or 3 Year term.

·
Registered
94 Posts
mick66,

If you are replacing these tivos, I would suggest that you transfer the current subscriptions by changing the service numbers from the old units to the new units via your tivo.com account rather than canceling the old and starting new subscriptions to avoid higher monthly costs and or any commitment period.
Could you elaborate on how exactly one would go about transferring service from say, a Series 2 @ $6.95/month, to a new TiVo HD box? I am planning to buy one from BB (gift cards) :) in the near future.

Thanks

·
Banned
4,869 Posts
1. call tivo and have them make the switch
or
2. Use your tivo.com account (create one if you don't have one).
got to tivo.com
click on manage my account
sign in
click on change service number
if you have more than one tivo you'll have to choose which one to change
enter the service number of the new tivo
click on change

Warning! This will transfer service from TiVo Service Number [old Tivo] to the new TiVo Service Number. [Old Tivo] will be deactivated.

·
Registered
7,970 Posts
mick66 said:
1. call tivo and have them make the switch
or
2. Use your tivo.com account (create one if you don't have one).
got to tivo.com
click on manage my account
sign in
click on change service number
if you have more than one tivo you'll have to choose which one to change
enter the service number of the new tivo
click on change

Warning! This will transfer service from TiVo Service Number [old Tivo] to the new TiVo Service Number. [Old Tivo] will be deactivated.
You may not get any rebates if you do things this way!!

·
Banned
4,869 Posts
miller890 said:
Is there a way to transfer TSN from an old $6.95/mo MSD to a new unit that you purchased intending to use the rebate that requires "activation"?
No. Rebates don't just require "activation" they require "new activation" with a service commitment.

·
Registered
94 Posts
mick66,
Thanks for the explanation. I was referring to the TiVoHD as you stated but I'm now also considering another S3 with a $200 rebate. Obviously, the rebate prevents me from transferring the TSN to an S3 but it is a better system right now with the eSATA expansion capability. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.