TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me if the Comcast offices in the Northern California East Bay area (Newark or Fremont) have cable cards for self installation? I couldn't find their phone number to call. Thanks.

·
Registered
201 Posts
On a related note, does Comcast have M-cards available in the Northern California East Bay area (San Ramon/Dublin)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dkwong said:
Can someone tell me if the Comcast offices in the Northern California East Bay area (Newark or Fremont) have cable cards for self installation? I couldn't find their phone number to call. Thanks.
Well, the answer is "no". I called the 1-800 number and stopped by the Newark store. Neither one was willing to rent me a cablecard. They have to send a tech out.

·
Premium Member
5,125 Posts
I don't understand why Comcast's policies vary from one area to another. Can anyone enlighten me?

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
gweempose said:
I don't understand why Comcast's policies vary from one area to another. Can anyone enlighten me?
Wrong question.

Can someone enlighten them.

·
Astute User
17,877 Posts
And different managers with different agendas and policies.

·
wait.. I did what?
14,219 Posts
And they're the result of buyouts and mergers of different prior entities with different default policies.

Asking Comcast policy to make sense is pretty much impossible

·
Premium Member
5,125 Posts
dianebrat said:
And they're the result of buyouts and mergers of different prior entities with different default policies ...
This is pretty much what I figured. One would think that they would start to have more consistency with their policies/pricing now that they are all under the same Comcast umbrella. Of course, this would be both intelligent and logical, and Comcast has proven themselves to be anything but.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts