TiVo Community Forum banner
41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
I would bet that this mass Home Deletion happened when Nest Accounts were upgraded to the new plan that they just rolled out.

So, like around July 10? I have no proof, but boy, mine were fine before that date.

Now, everything in my main "Home" is not in a home, but they're still linked to me, at least.
Maybe... I noticed late last week (Wed, Thurs, or Fri) that when I told my google home to turn the temperature down it couldn't find the device or something. Just figured it was a fluke. Then Friday is when I saw all this, revoked SEI access and then saw my stuff (anything nest related and google home groups) was deleted. Maybe revoking SEI access deleted it? Maybe SEI access just went in and deleted it? Just hope to have something from Tivo or google ASAP on this

·
Registered
42 Posts
Without looking into your specific account and seeing what removed those items I don't think I can comment on what happens to those, sorry. As I understand this was an issue with how Google handles the casting capabilities of the device, as such I don't believe there should have been any access/removal of items in your account. However I will check into this for you.
I'd highly recommend, if you really are an agent of Tivo, to read back through all of this thread. The nature here, even though likely irronious, is that the TS4K has a major security leak.

S10 - Tapatalk

·
Legend
380 Posts
I don't know if it's stated anywhere in the thread but it seems to be tied to using the actual Stream app on the device (the one launched by the TiVo button on the remote). I removed the SEI Robotics access a couple days ago, used the device a few times since then then tonight opened the Stream app for the first time and instantly I saw the full account access return.

·
Say no to Hydra!
364 Posts
I don't know if it's stated anywhere in the thread but it seems to be tied to using the actual Stream app on the device (the one launched by the TiVo button on the remote). I removed the SEI Robotics access a couple days ago, used the device a few times since then then tonight opened the Stream app for the first time and instantly I saw the full account access return.
Did you get an instant Google security event email? I don't recall ever getting a security alert email about SEI getting full access.

·
Legend
380 Posts
Did you get an instant Google security event email? I don't recall ever getting a security alert email about SEI getting full access.
No I was just refreshing the security/3rd party access screen from Google Account settings page on my phone.

I removed the access again and disabled the Stream app. Need to decide if thats enough or try to get refunds from TiVo for a purchase made just over 60 days ago...

·
Say no to Hydra!
364 Posts
No I was just refreshing the security/3rd party access screen from Google Account settings page on my phone.

I removed the access again and disabled the Stream app. Need to decide if thats enough or try to get refunds from TiVo for a purchase made just over 60 days ago...
I'm surprised Google doesn't send out a security email for a device getting full account access. It seems like they send out a lot of frivolous and redundant security alert emails but not for full account access?

·
Say no to Hydra!
364 Posts
I just reactivated my TiVo Stream 4K and now it lets you skip adding a Google account at setup. So I activated Tivo Stream 4K with new throwaway Tivo account and then deactivated it right away. Then I used the adb shell to deactivate all the Tivo apps, play store, google apps, and other apps I don't use. I'll just download apps from apkmirror and install them with adblink from now on.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hi, I just checked my Google account and the TiVo 4K stream has full access but so does my Nvidia shield.

And then it occurred to me that both products are based on the android TV platform which is Google which is why both products have full access. I’m not trying to claim that it’s OK, I’m just pointing out that the access granted to our TiVo 4K streams is no different than the access has been granted to my Nvidia shield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Legend
380 Posts
I totally forgot about during my freak out, Nvidia certainly does have access
Maybe a difference here is the SEI is shown as not verified by Google, in addition to the uploading the device seems to do. I still don't see why either need access to the whole account though but maybe it's a lack of granular setting here since it does searching and has Google Assistant, etc?

Azure Rectangle Font Technology Screenshot

41 - 60 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.