TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Y'all do realize the SEI robotics is the manufacturer of this device right? The SEI400TV is the code name of the Stream 4k: I think you all are getting worked up about nothing.
YES. I do realize and know that. So what ? I had them AND TiVo stream 4k listed in my account.
Why and how does SEI robotics have FULL ACCESSS TO my google account though? TiVo stream 4K did not. Nothing else has FULL access to my google account.
Why/how did all my google smart home groups get deleted?
Why did all my google nest theromstat and google nest smoke detectors get COMPLETELY removed from my home ? I noticed this because my nest lost info from this and my house got hot.
What else did the manufacturer-Sei robots get from my google account ? Credit cards ? Passwords ? Search history ?
At the end of the day why / how did the appointment Stream 4k manufacturer get FULL access to my google account when no other site/provider/hardware manufacturer does?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hi All, I wanted to let you know that the information you're seeing in your Google accounts we are aware of and are working with Google on fixing. It's actually an issue on the Google side that is being dealt with ASAP. As soon as we have some more information we'll let you know here.
Thanks for the update. Does this mean my Google Nest theromstat and smoke detectors will restore to my account ?
Also will my google home (smart home ) groups come back ? Really concerned this got access to so much of my smart home setup. I don't understand the point of it and why it removed so much...

·
TiVo
12 Posts
Without looking into your specific account and seeing what removed those items I don't think I can comment on what happens to those, sorry. As I understand this was an issue with how Google handles the casting capabilities of the device, as such I don't believe there should have been any access/removal of items in your account. However I will check into this for you.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Without looking into your specific account and seeing what removed those items I don't think I can comment on what happens to those, sorry. As I understand this was an issue with how Google handles the casting capabilities of the device, as such I don't believe there should have been any access/removal of items in your account. However I will check into this for you.
Thanks. I just Direct Messaged you.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I've had to factory rest my Nest home hub and my nest wifi. The stream 4K is going in the trash after I hit it with a hammer.
I unplugged my tivo stream as well.Maybe it would make me feel better to smash it :) Luckily my Nest wifi seems to be ok (so far) but not my nest home smart groups, my Nest Thermostat , smoke detectors and some of my account links. I opened a ticket with Google to try to get more answers about this.

I am SHOCKED how people dont seem to think this is a big deal and how more information isnt out about this. Looks like the tivo stream manufacturer - SEI Robotics has had full access since logged into our stream 4k.
I wonder when they started deleting our Nest and Google home devices??
I wonder if they also have all of our streaming service passwords?
SEI robotics has a lot of android tv/smart home devices- I wonder if their other devices have full access to peoples google home accounts?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Do all Android TV devices require full account access? For instance, I see that Chromecast has full access to my Google Account as well.

I get the outrage but the problem might be how Google allows apps/devices to request access to work in Android TV.

·
Just a boring dude
36,220 Posts
Do all Android TV devices require full account access?

I get the outrage but the problem might be how Google allows apps/devices to request access to work in Android TV.
No. This is the only time I've seen any 3rd party have full access to my Google account. It shouldn't happen ever.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I would bet that this mass Home Deletion happened when Nest Accounts were upgraded to the new plan that they just rolled out.

So, like around July 10? I have no proof, but boy, mine were fine before that date.

Now, everything in my main "Home" is not in a home, but they're still linked to me, at least. UPDATE: Actually, they're on my wife's account now.

I bet this happened when my Hub started randomly displaying the default pictures instead of the Google Photos a couple of weeks ago.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.