TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Security Breach? SEI Robotics TV SEI400TV

It seems someone might have gotten into my network via my new TiVo Stream 4K device.
Even google flags the device as a RISK.
Android TV Guide - SEI Robotics

Headquarters - Shenzhen, China

Could this be a back door attack like Chinese's company Huawei company does on android phones?

Someone deleted my Google Home group from the android TV. I'm remove access, factory resetting the device and getting rid of it. Something bad is going on with it's security. Took hours to setup my network after it was compromised.

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Logo

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 · (Edited)
Wow.. I thought I was going crazy about this issue. I talked on the phone for 5+ hours with google about this. Opened tickets with engineering & security review. My nest home group got purged 3 times. Google was NEVER helpful. But I was able to reproduce the problem.
I *think* the problem also occurs with the Google Secure device, only if you click accept to the google assistant feature. If you notice the google secure might use the same chip.

Also I *think* they were able to compromise my old gen 1 google mini. as it started showing up as 'linux' under devices. I've also purged that from my network and donated it to good will. I've reported all of this to google security review team.

So have our networks been compromised and our Nest devices including video been watched by Chineese? is this another huawei incident?

After being purged, It is not easy setting up everything. (I have 20+ devices) Because of these events I now have pictures of all the bar codes on my devices so I don't have to climb up ladder to re-setup the devices. I suggested to Google that they should include playing card with each purchase that includes the setup bar code & product name on it. So we can keep a deck of cards that includes all of device details and makes it so we dont have unplug door camera and climb up to the cameras. taking things down is a hassle!

I ended up selling the Tivo device on Ebay, along with my Bolt OTA and mini. Crazy not have tivo after 21 years of being loyal. I had a Tivo s1 day 1 and have used one every day since, we even a beta tester for a few devices including the one that you could write dvds.

With Tivo trying to charge me $150 for on my bolt that has had lifetime service for the last 3 years, I was happy to sell everything this week.
My new Fire TV 4k + Recast is working great! Plus they stream to echo shows!! so awesome & modern.

I also called tivo support today. There response was:
This is a new devices and our engineers are very busy, I'm not sure if we can look into this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.