TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Security Breach? SEI Robotics TV SEI400TV

It seems someone might have gotten into my network via my new TiVo Stream 4K device.
Even google flags the device as a RISK.
Android TV Guide - SEI Robotics

Headquarters - Shenzhen, China

Could this be a back door attack like Chinese's company Huawei company does on android phones?

Someone deleted my Google Home group from the android TV. I'm remove access, factory resetting the device and getting rid of it. Something bad is going on with it's security. Took hours to setup my network after it was compromised.

View attachment 50310
The same thing is happening to me. The error message says i need to do a factory reset but the screen is frozen and I cant access any response. Im more than a little upset with this!

· Registered
4 Posts
Anything and everything is susceptible to hacking thats connected to the internet, as I'm sure that goes without saying.

That being said, considering this being the first I've seen anyone make this case and the lack of attention this post as gotten, it does appear to have been an isolated incident and not so much of a conspiracy, as most believe Xiaomi to be.

A wise dev I know often makes the case to always disable adb after any and every use. If it's left on, you are vulnerable. Hackers can use the same access to that device and your network as you did to modify it. On the TS4K, its currently labeled USB Debugging in developers options.

Finally, have you considered your browsing habits to have been any contribution to such an attack?

S10 - Tapatalk
I have the same issue but with a lockedup screen wont let me access the app to do a factory reset as the screen says. The comment about browsing habits is a little specious and avoids the question about why this has happend only on the Tivo and not on any of my other streaming devices. Lets work on the problem and not the excuses.
Anything and everything is susceptible to hacking thats connected to the internet, as I'm sure that goes without saying.

That being said, considering this being the first I've seen anyone make this case and the lack of attention this post as gotten, it does appear to have been an isolated incident and not so much of a conspiracy, as most believe Xiaomi to be.

A wise dev I know often makes the case to always disable adb after any and every use. If it's left on, you are vulnerable. Hackers can use the same access to that device and your network as you did to modify it. On the TS4K, its currently labeled USB Debugging in developers options.

Finally, have you considered your browsing habits to have been any contribution to such an attack?

S10 - Tapatalk

· Registered
4 Posts
I have the same issue but with a lockedup screen wont let me access the app to do a factory reset as the screen says. The comment about browsing habits is a little specious and avoids the question about why this has happend only on the Tivo and not on any of my other streaming devices. Lets work on the problem and not the excuses.
Also not an ISOLATED INCIDENT!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.