TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hi, I just checked my Google account and the TiVo 4K stream has full access but so does my Nvidia shield.

And then it occurred to me that both products are based on the android TV platform which is Google which is why both products have full access. I’m not trying to claim that it’s OK, I’m just pointing out that the access granted to our TiVo 4K streams is no different than the access has been granted to my Nvidia shield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
372 Posts
Wow, I was reading all your posts and I was thinking to myself boy I’m glad I don’t use Google Home. But then I realized that I have actually three Nest Protects at home though for reasons I can never understand Google has not yet integrated them into Google Home. And Yep, the Nest app no longer has my Home and no longer has the three Nest Protects listed. So I’m going have to reset them all up when I get back home.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Thanks for the update. Does this mean my Google Nest theromstat and smoke detectors will restore to my account ?
Also will my google home (smart home ) groups come back ? Really concerned this got access to so much of my smart home setup. I don't understand the point of it and why it removed so much...
I had the same issue as you do but I only have the smoke detectors. And the same thing has happened to me. I feel for you because having the thermostats removed is more of an immediate issue

·
Registered
372 Posts
Without looking into your specific account and seeing what removed those items I don't think I can comment on what happens to those, sorry. As I understand this was an issue with how Google handles the casting capabilities of the device, as such I don't believe there should have been any access/removal of items in your account. However I will check into this for you.
Same issue for me

·
Registered
372 Posts
Well, if there is one silver lining to this black cloud it is that, at least, it did not throw out all non-Google devices from the Google Home app. I had to create a new Home and all the rooms again but at least all those products were still listed in the app.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.