TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Say no to Hydra!
359 Posts
I don't know if it's stated anywhere in the thread but it seems to be tied to using the actual Stream app on the device (the one launched by the TiVo button on the remote). I removed the SEI Robotics access a couple days ago, used the device a few times since then then tonight opened the Stream app for the first time and instantly I saw the full account access return.
Did you get an instant Google security event email? I don't recall ever getting a security alert email about SEI getting full access.

·
Say no to Hydra!
359 Posts
No I was just refreshing the security/3rd party access screen from Google Account settings page on my phone.

I removed the access again and disabled the Stream app. Need to decide if thats enough or try to get refunds from TiVo for a purchase made just over 60 days ago...
I'm surprised Google doesn't send out a security email for a device getting full account access. It seems like they send out a lot of frivolous and redundant security alert emails but not for full account access?

·
Say no to Hydra!
359 Posts
I just reactivated my TiVo Stream 4K and now it lets you skip adding a Google account at setup. So I activated Tivo Stream 4K with new throwaway Tivo account and then deactivated it right away. Then I used the adb shell to deactivate all the Tivo apps, play store, google apps, and other apps I don't use. I'll just download apps from apkmirror and install them with adblink from now on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.