TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
301 Posts
I had the same thing in my security checked up! Ive never had debugging on. Havent really installed much on my stream 4k, just some of the major streaming services. I removed its access but have not done a factory reset I was thinking, I never gave it my google account and password but remember this is a android TV.... so I did! UGH

This tivo stream4k also makes me nervous because it was always uploading a decent amount. My home internet upload is pretty low during the workweek- like 2-3 Mbps and it got to a point that I had to power off my tivo stream4k. I ended up bringing to my office and using it on that tv where we have much faster internet.
I really think theres something shady with the tivo stream 4k security....

· Registered
301 Posts
I think you are confused, as so many in this thread are. There has been 1 update, aside from the initial update right after initial release/shipped. That update, was more of a hot fix to correct a few bugs.

S10 - Tapatalk
Huh? I am not talking about any update. I am talking about UpLOAD. The tivo stream 4k, at least when I got it was constantly uploading (and obviously downloading while using). I get that it has to do some uploading but it was constantly uploading 2Mbps or so while it was on. Ive never had a streaming device upload so much data while using it, it was doing this for at least a few days when I first kept it plugged in.

· Registered
301 Posts
My bad, sorry I was arguing with the wife and didn't read it thoroughly before I replied lol

Anyhow, yea there was someone early on that talked about how their device was doing some extreme uploading.. they apparently were to be fixing whatever bug that was but I'm unsure at this point honestly.. haven't seen much about it since then either

S10 - Tapatalk
ha its all good, I get it :) Ill have to do more investigation now that my stream 4k is on my office network. Hopefully they fixed it... I just still dont really trust this thing for some reason. I feel like tivo has gotten kind of sloppy in the past years especially. Wouldn't surprise me if theres some major security issues on this device

Edit just checked... In the last 30 days my tivo stream 4k:
15.22 GB (↓13.09 GB, ↑2.13 GB)
Has uploaded over 2gb of data , ive probably only watched a couple hours of streaming services on here. Used mostly sling , a tiny bit of netflix and hbo max... Seems like 2gb of upload is necessary. Last week alone was about 500MB of uploading and 2.4GB download.

· Registered
301 Posts
Ok so my (Google) best theromstat and smoke detectors has been completely removed from my google account. I just used it a few days ago , I’ve had it for many years. Some REALLY weird is going on. I now have to re set up my Nest thermostat.
I think I may have to somehow return this Stream 4K if it’s hacking our accounts .... I’ll be checking out all my google smart home stuff soon
Edit
Also checked my google home and ALL groups were removed as well. I changed my google password and removed tivo stream access. How the hell did this get full account access without my allowing it ? This is a huge mess and I’m extremely worried now. With all the stuff I saved on google , I basically could have my identity stolen. I’m going to be making sure I get ahold of some at tivo headquarters ASAP. I feel like this could be a lawsuit waiting to happen...

· Registered
301 Posts
Y'all do realize the SEI robotics is the manufacturer of this device right? The SEI400TV is the code name of the Stream 4k: I think you all are getting worked up about nothing.
YES. I do realize and know that. So what ? I had them AND TiVo stream 4k listed in my account.
Why and how does SEI robotics have FULL ACCESSS TO my google account though? TiVo stream 4K did not. Nothing else has FULL access to my google account.
Why/how did all my google smart home groups get deleted?
Why did all my google nest theromstat and google nest smoke detectors get COMPLETELY removed from my home ? I noticed this because my nest lost info from this and my house got hot.
What else did the manufacturer-Sei robots get from my google account ? Credit cards ? Passwords ? Search history ?
At the end of the day why / how did the appointment Stream 4k manufacturer get FULL access to my google account when no other site/provider/hardware manufacturer does?

· Registered
301 Posts
Hi All, I wanted to let you know that the information you're seeing in your Google accounts we are aware of and are working with Google on fixing. It's actually an issue on the Google side that is being dealt with ASAP. As soon as we have some more information we'll let you know here.
Thanks for the update. Does this mean my Google Nest theromstat and smoke detectors will restore to my account ?
Also will my google home (smart home ) groups come back ? Really concerned this got access to so much of my smart home setup. I don't understand the point of it and why it removed so much...

· Registered
301 Posts
Without looking into your specific account and seeing what removed those items I don't think I can comment on what happens to those, sorry. As I understand this was an issue with how Google handles the casting capabilities of the device, as such I don't believe there should have been any access/removal of items in your account. However I will check into this for you.
Thanks. I just Direct Messaged you.

· Registered
301 Posts
I've had to factory rest my Nest home hub and my nest wifi. The stream 4K is going in the trash after I hit it with a hammer.
I unplugged my tivo stream as well.Maybe it would make me feel better to smash it :) Luckily my Nest wifi seems to be ok (so far) but not my nest home smart groups, my Nest Thermostat , smoke detectors and some of my account links. I opened a ticket with Google to try to get more answers about this.

I am SHOCKED how people dont seem to think this is a big deal and how more information isnt out about this. Looks like the tivo stream manufacturer - SEI Robotics has had full access since logged into our stream 4k.
I wonder when they started deleting our Nest and Google home devices??
I wonder if they also have all of our streaming service passwords?
SEI robotics has a lot of android tv/smart home devices- I wonder if their other devices have full access to peoples google home accounts?

· Registered
301 Posts
I would bet that this mass Home Deletion happened when Nest Accounts were upgraded to the new plan that they just rolled out.

So, like around July 10? I have no proof, but boy, mine were fine before that date.

Now, everything in my main "Home" is not in a home, but they're still linked to me, at least.
Maybe... I noticed late last week (Wed, Thurs, or Fri) that when I told my google home to turn the temperature down it couldn't find the device or something. Just figured it was a fluke. Then Friday is when I saw all this, revoked SEI access and then saw my stuff (anything nest related and google home groups) was deleted. Maybe revoking SEI access deleted it? Maybe SEI access just went in and deleted it? Just hope to have something from Tivo or google ASAP on this

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.