TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· UMF Catalyst
Cogitamus Ergo Sumus
24,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this is part of their filtering, but it took me a while to find out that my post was being rejected because I had this text in it: (think "Premiere" in YouTube terms where streaming availability merely starts at a particular time)

This was from this post. Removing the parentheses seemed to allow me to use those words.

I wanted to mention this in case it was worthwhile to pass along to Securi.

Font Screenshot Number Circle Parallel

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Software

· Premium Member
10,985 Posts
Block ID: SQLi71
Block reason: SQL injection was detected and blocked.

So, something in that text is triggering a pattern match to a known SQL injection. I'll play around with it to see if I can boil it down to a smaller test case, but that's purely out of curiosity. The only real answer is to adjust the post (as you did) so it doesn't trigger that block.

· Premium Member
10,985 Posts
Font Logo Brand Rectangle Art

The above is enough to trigger it. The word broadcast and the opening parenthesis is required to trigger it, so clearly there's a commonly abused broadcast function, that takes parameters in SQL land. I was narrowing it down further when I apparently irritated the firewall and am now sitting out a temp ban.

(At least I hope it's just a temp ban for that IP ;) )

· UMF Catalyst
Cogitamus Ergo Sumus
24,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for figuring that out, @kdmorse!

I also encountered the problem with this text below (changing the brackets to parentheses). There's no "where" inside that phrase, but "broadcast" is clearly a trigger.

The Eurovision Song Contest is ramping up. 39 countries are competing in a live-broadcast [except for Australia's which will be broadcast from a taped live performance] contest that starts with the first of two semi-finals on Tuesday, March 18.

· Premium Member
10,985 Posts
"broadcast" being a trigger has been bugging me - as it's not a sql clause or function. Seeing it pop up again, the lightbulb went on, it's really only triggering on the word cast(. And that makes a lot more sense. casting a subquery to a particular datatype, or just using cast( as obfuscation seems perfectly plausible.

(And yes, select, delete, update, where, and from, are pretty much the backbones of a SQL statement)

· Administrator
8,171 Posts
There should be some changes coming to help with this moving forward.

· Premium Member
18,612 Posts
I had an odd event tonight. Tried to make a post with a link to a Youtube video. Two attempts from my iPad resulted in failures. Interesting Securi errors with just "error" and no number or anything else displayed. First try on my iMac worked. I tried the iMac to get info to post a report, much easier to do from a desktop system. So I'm not sure if it was a short term issue or an iPad vs desktop issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.