TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has all been asked before....

Having a couple of problems with recording season passes....

1. Does the channel the season pass is set for make any difference? It doesn't seem to for me. e.g. I've set a season pass to record Location, Location, Location on channel 4. However I'm getting swamped with episodes from Discovery Real Time (which seems to have about 10 episodes a day!) which I don't want to record. Is there a way to only record the ones on channel 4 without removing Discovery Real Time from the channels I watch?

2. I'm getting confused with why certain season passes aren't being recorded. As my bottom ranked season pass I record the news from bbc news (only storing one at a time). However it seems higher ranked season passes aren't being recorded. For instance when I looked at my Match of the Day season pass several weren't being recorded - when I set them to record the only thing that conflicted with them was the (lower ranked) BBC news recording. Any idea why this is happening and how I can fix it?

At present I don't have my TiVo connected up to my computer (although am meaning to buy a router to do so). So can't do anything with TiVo web etc.

Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys

I think what cwaring said solves my first problem (they are season passes not wish lists). Am I right in thinking that I can therefore have two different season passes for the same program on different channels and set them at different priorities?

Am still a bit confused about my second problem. I looked back at my recording history (thanks for pointing that out David) and the things I specifically remember as having failed to record weren't on it - not even as having not recorded. They were all over the same 24 period so maybe something went wrong with my TIVO (they are shown in the listings if I scroll back and I definitely have season passes for them).

It hasn't happened again so I will wait and see if I can work out what's going on if it does

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
David Cameron said:
You spoke of Match of the Day - it isn't that MOTD is aired on both BBC1 and BBC2 and you needed a second season pass is it?
No I do have separate season passes for the two MOTD's. (Sorry for taking so long to reply - have been on holiday)

It hasn't happened again and unless it does I'm not too worried

I don't think that this explains what I had but want to check something anyway. Am I right in thinking that if I:

-set a program (say a film) to record which clashes with a season pass
-choose to cancel the season pass
-then later cancel the film

then the season pass is not reinstated?

Thanks for all the help

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mrtickle said:
I think some clearer terminology would help here - "cancel" has more than one meaning :)

In the above example, if on the Conflict screen you choose "record the film" (and I know it uses the word "cancel" on that screen :( ), you are just saying that in the event of the clash you want to have the film more than you want the Episode from the season pass.
This is the meaning of "cancel" I had in mind

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.