TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a way to resolve two season passes that conflict by a grand total of 1 minute overlap?? This happens with ABC and NBC it seems. ABC seems to like to do shows that last 1 hour and 1 minute, thereby conflicting with the next show on NBC that starts promptly on the hour. I have found that I can start recording early, or end late, but don't seem to be able to start late or end early. It's all or nothing. Ideas? This is really frustrating, since I bought the TiVo so I could rely on it to record all my shows. Maybe there's a sensitivity function somewhere I missed that would tell it to record anyway so I don't have to make sure I'm home to start it recording promptly at 10:01 on the second show?? This happened once last season with me and my roommates, and now this season and both are my shows. Thanks!

TiVoBug

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just to make sure I understand what you mean by manual - meaning at 10:01 I turn on the TV and change to NBC and hit record? That's what I have been doing, but I've missed my show a few times due to distraction or not being home.

TiVoBug

·
Registered
978 Posts
Well that's REALLY manual. :D

Try a manual recording - like setting a VCR. By the way, there's a new version (7.2.1) starting to roll out to some machines that has an option for handling <5 minute overlaps automatically.

·
Banned
3,481 Posts
TiVoBug said:
Just to make sure I understand what you mean by manual - meaning at 10:01 I turn on the TV and change to NBC and hit record? That's what I have been doing, but I've missed my show a few times due to distraction or not being home.

TiVoBug
No no no.

Pick programs to record > Record by time or channel > manually record time/channel
if you need to start late set it to record from 9:05 to 10:00.
on the confirmation screen you can choose Recording options to add padding at either end. So with the 9:05 start time you set it to start 4 minutes early to actually start recording at 9:01 or 3 minutes early to start at 9:02 etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mick66 said:
No no no.

Pick programs to record > Record by time or channel > manually record time/channel
if you need to start late set it to record from 9:05 to 10:00.
on the confirmation screen you can choose Recording options to add padding at either end. So with the 9:05 start time you set it to start 4 minutes early to actually start recording at 9:01 or 3 minutes early to start at 9:02 etc.
You are a beautiful person! Thank you! That solved my problem. I don't need the 'Next Week' clips anyway! Thank you!

·
Registered
17,521 Posts
Jay11j said:
How and where do I do this??
If you have a compatible TiVo that is subscribed and hooked up to either the phone line or the internet the update will be automatically downloaded and installed. (Eventually, they may still be in the middle of the roll out, I haven't been following it that closely).

I know this update is for series 2 TiVos but I'm not sure if it is also for the DVD units. I do know it isn't for any series 1 TiVo, or and DirecTV TiVo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.