TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Ancient Astronaut Theorist
4,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing 'John Doe', another dead series that premiered with cult hit Firefly. It features a man with no memory of who he is but, but somehow has infinite knowledge. With his gift, he solves crimes which are hinted through his monochromatic sight with color. The show will re-premiere Friday, Jan 20 at 9pm ET." It's raining new shows on Sci-Fi, apparently.

·
Registered
621 Posts
jschuur said:
If you like story arcs, stay as far away from this as you can. The season finale cliff hanger is never explaned, since the show got cancelled.
Not only that, but the producers explanation of what was going on was sooooo lame. I would have felt cheated at the end if it had got that far.

·
a rkester says what?
14,221 Posts
I was a huge fan of the show back in the day. So this news was very exciting to me...

until I watched it last friday.

the coolness of it was lets say luke warm now. and many things I thought made sense then didnt now... like how he walks into the bar and plays a few very simple notes and then is offered a job no questions asked. Or how the cops just kind of let him help them and dont ask how he knows these things he knows.

It was fun originally and I will continue to watch it on SCIFI for now I guess. That 6pm slot needs osmething good.

·
Seriously?
18,477 Posts
C'mon SciFi Channel - if you can resurrect this show, surely you can revive Firefly!

·
a rkester says what?
14,221 Posts
The idea is fun, and initially its fun as he finds ways to do cool stuff with his knowledge. It does get a bit convuluted and unbelievable later and the ending is, well... uhhh...

·
TIVOSMITTEN
536 Posts
I didn't realize this was on a different network. I hadn't heard of it before seeing it on SciFi. I guess thats because I more or less ignore Fox.

·
TV junkie!
4,699 Posts
We watched it when it first was on and really liked it until the last few episodes which completely didn't make any sense.

Emily

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.