TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently using a Phase III dish and I will probably keep using it for another year or two, but I am curious about how the different dishes stack up in regards to signal strength.

I assume the best situation for a non-MPEG4 user would be to have three original dishes, each aimed at a different satellite? Not that I would do this, just curious. How does the Phase III dish fair compared to the original dish for signal strength of the regular 200-399 channels? Is the new AT9 dish any better for those?

I ask partially because I suffer from a couple bouts of rain/snow fade each year. No matter how much I tune the Phase III dish, it still loses too much signal strength durring the heaviest june downpours and heaviest february snowstorms.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On an average day, I usually get signal strengths in the upper 80s. Sometimes I see low 80s, sometimes I see low 90s. This is the same whether I use a 5 foot piece of coax from the dish to a receiver up on the roof, or if I use a receiver in the bedroom about 80 total feet of RG6QS and a multiswich away.

For what it's worth, I live in northern Montana, near the Canadian border.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.