TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After completing the TiVo setup, my TiVo remote controls everything (TV power, volume and mute) with the exception of channel up and down. When I go to Remote Control Setup and choose "Part 1: TV power, volume, and mute" to select the brand of my TV set from the list, Samsung is not one of the TV brands in the list. How do I setup the TIVO remote for channel up and down for a Samsung TV? Thanks in advance.

· in the other Alabama
20,962 Posts
On the second part, TiVo does the channel changing, not the TV. You feed the TV via HDMI, Component or Composite to a TV input. The TiVo remote can control the Input on most, but not all, televisions.

On the first part, I'm surprised a Premiere doesn't include Samsung. I have one, but it's not running right now.

4,428 Posts
Something is wrong in your steps. It is impossible that Samsung would be missing from the TV list. Perhaps you’re in the A/V setup for receivers and amps?

The previous poster is trying to tell you that the TiVo remote can’t change channels on any TV. It can only change channels on a TiVo.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nevermind...I figured it out. After completing the channel scan the channel list is generated, but it's not listed in the guide until I "Mark channels you receive". After doing so, the channels marked show up in the guide list and the channel up and down works.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.