TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
17,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning, after yet another reboot inspired by the audio dropout issue, my S3 came back and would not respond to remote commands. I could tell that the unit was receiving the commands because the red light on the front of the S3 was blinking whenever I touched a button. The S3 just wouldn't respond. On top of that, you could tell that the unit was operating slowly, as the graphics were moving slower than normal.

I proceeded to unplug the unit, after which the S3 responded to the remote commands, although briefly, so now I've got ESPN running with the Guide data on the screen. The TV reception was also coming through spottily, as though you could tell it was working slowly, as it had been before.

I have no idea what it's doing now because I had to leave (damn job). Has anyone ever encountered this before?

· Registered
17,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, after spending 75 minutes on the phone last night with TiVo support, I'll be getting a replacement TiVo unit. I'm curious if they even care what a major inconvenience this is (since I have to call Comcast out for a service call to configure the cable cards), and I'm half tempted to call them and demand a credit to my service for the Amazon Unbox recording on my unit that I won't be able to watch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.