TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are SA cards worse than moto cards? Should I ask cablevision to bring moto cards to replace my SA cards? will that fix the pixillation?

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
From what has been posted here, if you have a choice (and I question if you do), Motorola cards would be preferable over SA.

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Definitely get Motorola CableCards if available.

Last night's softwrae update appears to eliminate the last of the pixelization with Motorola CableCards (at least for me and many others), but SA CableCard users are evidently still experiencing it.

·
Dr_Diablo
916 Posts
riddick21 said:
Are SA cards worse than moto cards? Should I ask cablevision to bring moto cards to replace my SA cards? will that fix the pixillation?
According to my cable provider (Bright House) the SA cards are the only cards available...

It won't hurt to ask your provider if the Motorola card is available to swap out. From what I've seen here the cards seem to have little affect on this pixie issue...

I can't even try the MS card, BH only has the SC cards... Go figure?

·
Sr Legacy Member
866 Posts
CharlesH said:
I thought the brand of cablecards had to match the brand of headend equipment? :confused:
That's my understanding as well...confused with you.

·
Dr_Diablo
916 Posts
riddick21 said:
The Tivo reps claim there is no difference between cards, yet it does seem rather odd that those with SA cards are experiencing more problems

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Dr_Diablo said:
The Tivo reps claim there is no difference between cards, yet it does seem rather odd that those with SA cards are experiencing more problems
Tivo reps as in the front-line CSRs?

And you believe they would know that why?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts