TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Wizard of Oz
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about putting one in my mountain house (which lacks telephone and cable but has great OTA reception) Has anyone figured out a way to spoof the Tivo Servers so that I could get the Tivo data from my main house, and load it onto a laptop, then connect it to the Tivo in the mountain house for the service data? Since I go up every weekend and Tivo service data is for a two week period, I should be able to record most of what I need. NOTE: I am assuming that the Tivo does not use the PSIP data for scheduling recordings, if it can use PSIP data then the whole question is moot.

The other option of carting the Tivo back and forth would not work because my OTA reception at home is through dual antennas (180 degree different directions) and the Tivos aren't smart enough to switch antenna inputs -- fortunately i have a true dual tuner on a HDTPC that "knows" which signals are on each antenna.

If there is no way to port the data to a subbed unit, the other question is how much funtionality is there with an unsubbed unit. I know you can't manual record and there is no program data, but is there at least 30 minute buffer and channel logos WITHOUT a subscription?

·
Wizard of Oz
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the replies - especially the cell data router converter which was news to me. BTW: I have verizon and it works great in the mountains, but it is in an "extended serivce" area, so voice but not data works. Looks like the only workable option is to cart the Tivo back and forth--

How convenient would it be though, if there was a utility to copy Tivo guide data to a USB drive from the net, and a tivo app that allow the user to just plug the memory card into any subbed Tivo's USB port and use it as the source for guide data?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.