TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be installing my new S2DT with a 320GB DB drive and was wondering if there was any way I can save the information (recorded shows, thumbs, etc.) from my old S2 and restore it on my new S2DT.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Soapm said:
Yes, this app can do it http://mfslive.org/
Um, no it can't. Mfslive can restore an image and retain recordings, etc. from the same generation tivo. You cannot restore an image from any other S2 to a DT other than another DT (i.e, 649*).

For example you cannot take a backup image from a 240* or 540* tivo and restore it to anything other than the same "family." The only exception is the 140/240 family; those are compatible.

The only way to transfer the recordings (other than hacking) is to use MRV or Go-Back between the units once they are both up. AFAIK, there's no good way to transfer thumbs or season passes. Tivowebplus contains a feature but I'm pretty sure it's problematic with new software (8.x) releases.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.