TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
My Philips 7000 series Tivo (DirecTV) is doing a similar thing, but it's not nearly as bad.

I don't know if all of my outputs are affected, I'm using the S-Vid and haven't done any troubleshooting.

Mine will go black and white, all menus and video stream, but it won't get worse over time or wash out, it simply flips the color off. Mine usually goes back to color within a few seconds though. One time it didn't, and I was able to just rewind a bit and then it went back to color (that may have been a coincidence though).

I'm using S-vid from the Tivo to my surround sound reciever, that in turn does a component upscale and sends the video to my projector. So there are a couple steps in the chain, but only this one Tivo input does the black and white thing so I'm sure it's the source.

It may be my S-vid cable so I'll try replacing that, but I won't know if the problem is fixed for months maybe. My problem is so infrequent that I can't do a proper troubleshooting. That may point to the cable more though since maybe it only messes up when the cable gets bumped (which would be very infrequently).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well I just moved, so everything has been removed and reconnected. We'll see if the problem returns.

Although right now I also have a tuner issue. Only one of my two tuners is getting a signal now after the move. At the same time though, I've changed to the 5 LNB setup so I'm not sure where the problem lies. I have another thread open on that issue, but any input would be appreciated!

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=5562007#post5562007

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.