TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a series 1 philips under subscription with a 9th tee network card. This was purchased used from Just Deals. BTW, I don't think I will ever buy anything from JD again, but thats another story.

The problem is the unit is losing audio at random intervals.The problem seems intermittent. Sometimes it shows up a few days after restart, other times it takes around 10 days. When the problem does show up, I see a blue screen on the tivo that says to the effect that there is no audio, check cable connections, try changing the channel, or reset etc. When I go to look at live TV I get the same error, no audio. Also when I look at recently recorded programs, only the first few seconds of the program are recorded, and I quickly get the end of recording save or delete prompt. The only way I know to bring back the audio is to unplug the power for a restart. At first I thought My selection of audio quality was affecting it somehow, but now it seems to do it no matter what I do with the menu settings.

I do have the Instant Cake cd for this tivo but have not used it yet. Does anyone think I have a bad tivo or bad hard drive ? It doesn't make any strange sounds and boots up ok with out problems.

·
Ex-Caavo employee (Ex-TiVo, '00-'16)
1,555 Posts
The blue screen is an indication of loss of video. If only audio were lost, the unit wouldn't know. It's likely that your incoming signal strength is marginal/fluctuating. If you're just using the RF input directly, you should remove/replace any splitters between the TiVo and the cable connection to your house. You might also try adding a signal booster at this point, split one side directly to TiVo and the other side out to the rest of the house.

If you're using a set top box (cable or satellite), try replacing the cables between the set top and the TiVo or switch to another connection type (RF, RCA, S-video). If that doesn't work, you might want to try using a different set top box before doing anything else to TiVo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.