TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Gang. I'm a serious n00b to the community (but not to forums); I look forward to participating in the forums! My apologies if this has been asked before but I think I searched pertty thoroughly; if this question has been asked before, I certainly can't find it.

I received my new Bolt a few days ago, and have set it up as an OTA device (I'm a cord-cutter, for now). What I'm having difficulty with is enabling the venerable Select Play Select 3 0 Select hack that I've used ever since prehistoric paintings of early TiVos hunted by cavemen in the savanna were discovered in France.

So where'd it go? I despise commercials so much that skipping them entirely in one fell swoop has to do because I cannot light each one on fire.

So whaddaya say, gang? Where'd the S-P-S-30-S hack go?

Cheers!

Gregory Pius
Portland, Oregon
Tivo Roamio Plus, five Minis, MoCA, TiVo Bolt

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
aaronwt is the winner!

And you won't hear the Dings when playing back content with Dolby Digital. Which is most of the broadcast content nowadays.
That's exactly what happened. I tried to enable the SPS30S hack and I was watching a program broadcast in Dolby Digital. I didn't hear the beeps, but my beloved 30-second skip is now working on my Bolt.

Thanks, everyone.

To anybody Googling this issue and have came across this fix, y'all are welcome. Now join the forum and give back.

Cheers! Thanks again!

Gregory

Gregory Pius
Portland, Oregon
Tivo Roamio Plus, five Minis, MoCA, TiVo Bolt

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No doubt my neighbor Aaron knows his stuff across so many forums (TiVo , Verizon, 4K TVs and players, etc.). Worth following him.

Technically, thAbt0 gave you the solution right from the start.
Yes and no. thAbt0 reiterated the SPS30S process that I'd already described in my original post. He knew what I was talking about; however, his advice was not enough to shove me in the right direction.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.