TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Originally posted by ahecht

Seriously, I can't believe this no-talent hack replaced Rick Dees.
I don't disagree with you about Seacrest, but that seems to be an apples to apple switch! :D What exactly is Mr. Dees doing these days? Still living off of Disco Duck royalties?

·
It's Just TV
25,859 Posts
Somewhere right now there's a Dunkleman (sp?) that's ROFL(H)AO....

·
Konner Kringle
6,482 Posts
I guess it helps to know his signature phrase is "Ryan Seacrest - Out" although I can see how easily that could be misinterpreted.

Perhaps "Off Air with Ryan Seacrest" would be more appropriate.

·
Kermie Loves Elmo
7,939 Posts
Wow .. lots of hate for someone innocuous as this.

·
Registered
35,117 Posts
Originally posted by ahecht
Oh no, he only has three shows now. Boo hoo.

Seriously, I can't believe this no-talent hack replaced Rick Dees.
He didn't only replace Rick Dees, but he also replaced Casey Kasem.

As for what Chef Boy R. Dees is up to, he still has his own syndicated Top 40 Countdown show.

[rickdees] I think something good is going to happen to you today. [/rickdees]

·
...I'm not.
18,973 Posts
Originally posted by NJChris
Wow .. lots of hate for someone innocuous as this.
There's generally some resentmment when some bland, average, "innocuous" guy becomes famous without appearing to do anything to merit it. He's just one of several examples (*cough*Carson Daly*cough* ;) ).

·
Kermie Loves Elmo
7,939 Posts
Originally posted by dcheesi
There's generally some resentmment when some bland, average, "innocuous" guy becomes famous without appearing to do anything to merit it. He's just one of several examples (*cough*Carson Daly*cough* ;) ).
Ahh.. so it's jealousy. :)

Besides, I would think if people really didn't like him, he would not be getting any ratings.

·
Poster of News
35,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by jsmeeker
Well, that seems to be the case, doesn't it?

:D
agreed, perhaps when Jase comes out of the Big Brother house, he can take over the show (they look alike to me)

·
Registered
515 Posts
When Dick Clark is done rocking New Year's Eves, how much ya wanna bet Seacrest will be doing it?

Though isn't Dick Clark a robot?

·
TV-MA LSV
1,546 Posts
I don't disagree with you about Seacrest, but that seems to be an apples to apple switch! What exactly is Mr. Dees doing these days? Still living off of Disco Duck royalties?
LOL

As for he wouldn't be getting ratings if people didn't like him, that's exactly the point. The ratings for his TV show tanked, so the show's been cancelled.

Bland, milquetoast entertainment will always win. As the cliche goes, you'll never go broke catering to the lowest common denominator.

·
Registered
New Custom Title
94,186 Posts
Well, count me in as a fan. Ryan's been a radio personality in L.A. for quite a while and I happen to think he's pretty talented. His quick wit is more apparent when his dialogue is off-the-cuff and not scripted (like it is for the pre-teens watching American Idol.)

I also give credit to the guy for spinning so many plates -- he's not yet 30 and he's accomplished quite a lot. He's obviously a hard worker, and didn't just "luck" into his success. While the cancellation of this show may be a disappointment for him, let's not forget he's still with American Idol, keeps his daily radio show, and does the American Top 40 weekly countdown. He's also producing and hosting the new American Top 40 Awards that will start in 2005. The guy is busy.

I read that Randy and Simon call him "little Dick" because he wants to build a career like Dick Clark. And I agree with TiVoJedi, Ryan *will* be the successor to that New Year's Eve franchise.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts