TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a Sony SVR-2000 Series 1 for several years...I never thought it was sluggish (responding to remote, changing from one menu to another, etc), but thought it could use a little speed improvement.

I bought a Toshiba RS-TX60 a couple weeks ago, and I am SHOCKED at how slow it is to respond to remote commands and go thru menus, etc. I have a feeling my unit is NOT defective and this sluggishness is just the way it is.

What a surprise that a computer-based gizmo 8 years newer than a previous unit would be much slower than the older unit.

Anyway...

I'm shopping for a new Series 2...at this point I don't care if it has a DVD player or DVD recorder built in (but a built-in player or recorder would be nice), I just want to have a unit that is AT LEAST as fast as my old Sony.

Any suggestions?

Thanks...

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I assume all series 2 units, even the older ones, are capable of wireless networking, showing pictures, playing MP3's, etc?

Is there anything a 5xx can do that a 2xx can not?

Do you know the specific reason why the 5xx units are slower?

Thanks...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.