TiVo Community Forum banner
1601 - 1620 of 1636 Posts

·
Registered
9,461 Posts
Rovi has Sargent York listed on TCM right now but the movie is National Velvet.
I first noticed this last week with "The Little Shop of Horrors". There are multiple instances of movies scheduled at 12:nn AM also appearing in the schedule at 12:nn PM.

·
leswar
242 Posts
I recorded The Green Berets (2hr.22min.) on TMC this past Sat. Unfortunately I failed to notice that Rovi had allotted only a 1hr 15min block for the movie. So I'm missing
about half the movie.

·
Cranky old novice
9,468 Posts
These Sgt York and Green Beret problems are just examples of the general poor quality of TCM program guide data. Another "favorite" is a slot titled "Turner Classic Movies" instead of the title actually scheduled. TCM fixes their schedule a month ahead of time yet Rovi can't get it right.

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
I know that Nielsen isn't perfect, and Jimmy Fallon has family problems, but zap2it and titantv.com both have a new Tonight Show this week. On the other hand, tvguide.com does not. I have not had my daily connection, so it may change. Yesterday's update had no effect on all the "No descriptions" I could find.

·
Cranky old novice
9,468 Posts
We've known for a long time that the issue isn't the data they're getting from the providers, it's Rovi's piss-poor formatting/conversion of it for their end-users.
It could also be due to lack of diligence in interacting with providers to get fresh data. There are clearly serious issues beyond just formatting/conversion.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
It could also be due to lack of diligence in interacting with providers to get fresh data. There are clearly serious issues beyond just formatting/conversion.
This is a pretty accurate statement. I submitted a ticket two weeks ago to get Hallmark Drama channel added to my lineup and when it showed up it was just two weeks of "to be announced".
I submitted another ticket and after them looking into this Hallmark was late in sending the November program grid. Then when Rovi contacted them Hallmark never responded back. Rovi then contacted Hallmark again and finally they submitted the November program grid and that evening I had listings for Hallmark Drama.
The other issue I had was with The Blaze HD. Rovi selected the wrong channel listings for this channel. They entered Blaze HD which is the listing used in Europe so I ended up with "to be announced". They are currently correcting this by changing the listing to The Blaze HD which is the channel listing for the US.

·
Registered
9,461 Posts
Question for someone with a Hydrated TiVo - do last night's "Supergirl" or tonight's "Bull" have a description?

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Question for someone with a Hydrated TiVo - do last night's "Supergirl" or tonight's "Bull" have a description?
No to both.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Thanks for checking. I thought maybe it was some stupid thing they had done to the server to support Hydra. Instead it's just the continued degradation of the program data.
Yea guide data will affect all units. I don't have my cable systems box in house but when I had a test box the errors even showed up on that box. It was a Pace RNG 110 and it ran Rovi's iGuide.

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
Thanks for checking. I thought maybe it was some stupid thing they had done to the server to support Hydra. Instead it's just the continued degradation of the program data.
Keep your eyes on the guide. It has fallen out of its pattern. I won't be sure until tomorrow. It looks like new TiVo has stopped sending out content.

·
UHD Addict
24,177 Posts
I know that Nielsen isn't perfect, and Jimmy Fallon has family problems, but zap2it and titantv.com both have a new Tonight Show this week. On the other hand, tvguide.com does not. I have not had my daily connection, so it may change. Yesterday's update had no effect on all the "No descriptions" I could find.
Jimmy Fallon has been recording properly for me this week. My One Pass is set for New Only.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Reposting here because I didn't know about this thread...

I stumbled on a new guide data glitch I've never seen before: ABC, Fox & CBS are all currently missing entire days of data. With both ABC & Fox, my guide jumps from 3/3:30 on Fri., 12/1, directly to 4pm on Sun., 12/3, and CBS jumps from the same point to 4pm on Sat., 12/2, then all continue on normally thru 3/3:30pm on Tue., 12/5.

The only reason I saw it at all was because I was waiting for a season premiere to drop on 12/1. And I've expecting to see a fix since first noticing it over the weekend, but it's still borked.

ETA: Both of my TiVos (Series 2 & HD) have this issue and so does a friend's Premiere.

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
Reposting here because I didn't know about this thread...
I stumbled on a new guide data glitch I've never seen before: ABC, Fox & CBS are all currently missing entire days of data. With both ABC & Fox, my guide jumps from 3/3:30 on Fri., 12/1, directly to 4pm on Sun., 12/3, and CBS jumps from the same point to 4pm on Sat., 12/2, then all continue on normally thru 3/3:30pm on Tue., 12/5.
The only reason I saw it at all was because I was waiting for a season premiere to drop on 12/1. And I've expecting to see a fix since first noticing it over the weekend, but it's still borked.
ETA: Both of my TiVos (Series 2 & HD) have this issue and so does a friend's Premiere.
What's your zipcode and provider? I'm asking since I can plug it into tvguide.com and see if it matches your problem. It's the same database. I also have a Premiere.

1601 - 1620 of 1636 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.