TiVo Community Forum banner
1241 - 1260 of 1636 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
I looked at Cozi the other day. Here in the DC area and on FiOS. The programming Guide was correct on the Bolt I was looking at. And I set up several recordings over the next couple of days which all correctly recorded the program listed in the guide.

So if they can get it correct for my area you would think they should be able to have correct info in other areas. or is Cozi different in different areas?
Are you still Verizon FiOS or were you switched to Frontier? I had ZERO problems before Frontier took over, but since this happened around the time that Rovio took over I'm not sure which one is to blame, or both.

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
I looked at Cozi the other day. Here in the DC area and on FiOS. The programming Guide was correct on the Bolt I was looking at. And I set up several recordings over the next couple of days which all correctly recorded the program listed in the guide.

So if they can get it correct for my area you would think they should be able to have correct info in other areas. or is Cozi different in different areas?
It's probably local. NBC/U owns it, but my NBC station doesn't send it. You can get an overview of channels with:
Get Cozi TV | COZI TV

In my area it's only on Dish.

·
Registered
144 Posts
It's probably local. NBC/U owns it, but my NBC station doesn't send it. You can get an overview of channels with:
Get Cozi TV | COZI TV

Thanks for the link. In Los Angeles it shows that it's on 460 for Frontier, so why would TiVO tell me there was a lineup change and just delete the channel? Especially when you can actually tune to the channel and get the programming?? The channel also shows up on Frontier's lineup for March 2017 for California as "KNBC (Cozi TV) 460." @TiVoMargret

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
Thanks for the link. In Los Angeles it shows that it's on 460 for Frontier, so why would TiVO tell me there was a lineup change and just delete the channel? Especially when you can actually tune to the channel and get the programming?? The channel also shows up on Frontier's lineup for March 2017 for California as "KNBC (Cozi TV) 460."
You want me to explain TiVo??? Anyhow, my zipcode says there are two OTA channels that will have it. None can be received or are on my lineup. A zipcode 6 miles away, and on the same headend, only has it on Dish. Cozi does rhyme with Rovi. o_O

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thanks for the link. In Los Angeles it shows that it's on 460 for Frontier, so why would TiVO tell me there was a lineup change and just delete the channel? Especially when you can actually tune to the channel and get the programming?? The channel also shows up on Frontier's lineup for March 2017 for California as "KNBC (Cozi TV) 460." @TiVoMargret
Ok, I now seem to have Cozi TV data! I complained here so I think I should give acknowledgement when it's due.

·
UHD Addict
24,091 Posts
Are you still Verizon FiOS or were you switched to Frontier? I had ZERO problems before Frontier took over, but since this happened around the time that Rovio took over I'm not sure which one is to blame, or both.
Get Cozi TV | COZI TV

Verizon FiOS is still here in the DC area. And yes, Cozi is from one of the local sub-channels. Guide data is correct for my OTA TiVos and my TiVos on FiOS for Cozi.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Saw The Lone Ranger (1956) available on A&E for today, Saturday Mar 25, 2017. Thought the old version scheduled was odd, as more recent movies are shown on the channel. Sure enough, it's the Armie Hammer / Johnny Depp version. Thanks, Rovi! I guess I'll go and file a Lineup Report and do your work for you! /sarcasm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Someone is complaining on the DSLReports' Comcast TV forum about Comcast's switch to Gracenote and guide data issues. ;)

[Content] TV guide episode descriptions not even close - Comcast XFINITY TV | DSLReports Forums

Scott
Yep. Neilson took full control in February so now nobody here can say that Neilson (Gracenote) is better now. It just took about a month for them to screw it up. Tribune stated when they put Gracenote up for sale that it was losing money so it appears Neilson had to make some cut backs in order to bring the outlays in line with revenues.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Greeted this AM to a message on my Roamio "new channels added". Woe is me
Been fighting guide and lineup problems for months without a single correction and now I have 15 channels added off which none are being transmitted in my geographic location and they all have "to be announced" as program info.
Over one third of the channels in my guide are incorrect and/or lack any or correct guide data.
Have escalated this to the Executive Team and they have been no help although they do the rope-a-dope really well

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
Greeted this AM to a message on my Roamio "new channels added". Woe is me
Been fighting guide and lineup problems for months without a single correction and now I have 15 channels added off which none are being transmitted in my geographic location and they all have "to be announced" as program info.
Over one third of the channels in my guide are incorrect and/or lack any or correct guide data.
Have escalated this to the Executive Team and they have been no help although they do the rope-a-dope really well
Try this amazing trick. Start using Favorites. Bring up your (grid) guide and move left until you are sitting on the channel number. Now if you want to see that channel in the guide, hit Thumbs Up. Move down to the next channel. When you are finished, hit the "A" button and tell the guide to only display Favorites. Any new channels will not be in your guide. Your checked channels are still included in any Search or Wish List. You could use your Channel List if it's easier for you. I get 240 channels. I check about 50. I have 19 Favorites.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I've just learned to live with it. Incompetence rains supreme. Example: Elementary many times starts, in my area, at 10:30. Rovi thinks it starts at 10:00, so i just have to add 40 minutes to the recording time to make sure I get the entire show and just FF through Madam Secretary which comes before it. Such is life :cool:

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
I've just learned to live with it. Incompetence rains supreme. Example: Elementary many times starts, in my area, at 10:30. Rovi thinks it starts at 10:00, so i just have to add 40 minutes to the recording time to make sure I get the entire show and just FF through Madam Secretary which comes before it. Such is life :cool:
While sports are active, my 1P for Madam Secretary starts and ends on time. Elementary starts on time and extends one hour. I have never missed anything, and with SM, one button moves to the beginning of either one. Even when it's delayed by sports, you only need to hit one button.

·
Registered
382 Posts
While sports are active, my 1P for Madam Secretary starts and ends on time. Elementary starts on time and extends one hour. I have never missed anything, and with SM, one button moves to the beginning of either one. Even when it's delayed by sports, you only need to hit one button.
1P, SM? I sorry I don't frequent these forums enough to get all the abbreviations. I have 3 older Premiers and I know I don't have all the features of the newer machines like skip. Pleas explain?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Try this amazing trick. Start using Favorites. Bring up your (grid) guide and move left until you are sitting on the channel number. Now if you want to see that channel in the guide, hit Thumbs Up. Move down to the next channel. When you are finished, hit the "A" button and tell the guide to only display Favorites. Any new channels will not be in your guide. Your checked channels are still included in any Search or Wish List. You could use your Channel List if it's easier for you. I get 240 channels. I check about 50. I have 19 Favorites.
The amazing trick of creating favorites or removing unwanted channels from the guide is EZ. The attitude is not appreciated or warrented.

The problem is not so much that I repeatedly gifted with channels I can't receive, cause as Joe's amazing trick to resolve that, BUT I don't have 1/3 of the channels I can receive listed in the guide correctly with correct guide info.

One third of the channels I can receive are not correctly identified by either name, network, logo, or call letters and they all have dramatically incorrect program info or "to be announced" and I've been living with that for 6-8 months.
I can't watch or record what I want on those channels cause TiVo has no idea when a program is on cause the channels is not correctly listed in the guide.

Got an amazing trick for that Joe?

·
Registered
102 Posts
1P, SM? I sorry I don't frequent these forums enough to get all the abbreviations. I have 3 older Premiers and I know I don't have all the features of the newer machines like skip. Pleas explain?
Am in that same boat! Heh, 1P I deduced as OnePass. Am still scanning through most threads to figure out SM. Heck, figuring out BSC was a tad confusing enough! :cool:

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
SkipMode. Now on Series 4.

More:
1P (OnePass) came about to differentiate it from OP (Original Poster).
AGC = Automatic gain control - Wikipedia
ATSC/8VSB/Digital = 8VSB - Wikipedia
BF = Black Friday
BSC = Blue Spinning Circle (hamsters need food)
BT = Bluetooth - Wikipedia
BLE = Bluetooth Low Energy - Wikipedia
CC = Closed Caption
C&DE = Clear & Delete Everything
CGD&TDL = Clear Guide Data & To Do List (TE4)
CPI&TDL = Clear Program Information and To Do List (TE3)
DD = Dolby Digital Dolby Digital - Wikipedia
DMA = Media market - Wikipedia
DTA = Digital Transport Adapter (sometimes free)
DVS = Descriptive Video Service - Wikipedia
EAS = Emergency Alert System - Wikipedia
EOD = guide's End Of Data
EOG = end of the guide
EOL = End Of Life
GS = Guided Setup
HT = Home Theater
IFTTT = If This Then That - IFTTT Apps for Tivo
KaM = Keep at Most
KS = Kickstart - TiVo Kickstart Codes and Information
KUID = Keep Until I Delete
MRS = Multi-Room Streaming
MRV = Multi-Room Viewing
MAK = Media Access Key
MBT/ODT = Motherboard Temperature/On Die Temperature (C)
MoCA = Multimedia over Coax Alliance - Wikipedia
MSO = List of multiple-system operators - Wikipedia
NPL = Now Playing List
OAD = Original Air Date
OK/S = OK or Select. Same button, different remotes.
OTA = Over The Air (like with an antenna)
PCM = Pulse Code Modulation (Audio)
PLS/AIP = Product Lifetime Service, now All-In Plan
PIT: = Program Information To: (in SI)
PoE = Point of Entry (filter to block MoCA signals)
PSIP = Program and System Information Protocol - Wikipedia
PWM = Computer fan control - Wikipedia
RSN = Real Soon Now (R.I.P. Jerry)
SDV = Switched Digital Video
SM = Skip Mode (bestest thing)
SI = System Information
STB = Set Top Box (never free and seldom sits on top of a TV anymore)
TA = Tuning Adapter (always free) used with SDV
TBA = To Be Announced
TDL = To Do List
TD = TiVo Desktop
TE3 = TiVo Experience 3, aka Encore, aka Quattro, TiVo Gen 3 UI, 20.*
TE4 = TiVo Experience 4, aka Hydra, aka Mira, TiVo Gen 4 UI, 21.*
TNA = Title Not Available
TO = TiVo Online
TTG = TiVoToGo
TTCB = TiVoToComeBack see this post -> PSA: TiVo Changes - May 2018 User Agreement & Privacy Policy Update - May 2018
UI = User Interface
UPS = Uninterruptable Power Supply (should be mandatory)
VCT = Virtual Channel Table. Virtual channel - Wikipedia
VSB = NTSC/Analog - > Single-sideband modulation - Wikipedia
WAF = Wife Acceptance Factor
WTW(N) = What To Watch (Now)

·
Registered
9,461 Posts
Are they scheduled to start at the later time or are they delayed by something?

1241 - 1260 of 1636 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.