TiVo Community Forum banner
801 - 820 of 1636 Posts

·
Unregistered User
322 Posts
Really easy to understand. If Rovi can't push out accurate data sooner, then they need to program the TiVo DVR's to connect to the service daily to download newer listings. That way, the DVR's will get any corrected listings within 24 hours.
Not following your the logic.

My TiVo connects every 24 hours. If "accurate data" is not updated on the servers any sooner than every 24 hours, reconnecting more frequently isn't going to make a difference.

·
Registered
216 Posts
1) Rovi bought Tivo correct?

2) What did Tivo use for guide date before being bought?

3) Is this Rovi switching their guide data onto our Tivo machines and there are massive problems with Rovi data, therefore becoming our problem?

4) Example Had ch 13 Discovery record several shows like Bering Sea Gold. Afterwards my OnePass records this show on ch 44 TDC-E. All I get when recorded is infomercials on ch 44. Guide data for ch 13 either shows shows or TBA as of right now.
1. Yes
2. Tribune/gracenote (industry standard leader)
3. Yes
4. TiVo (Rovi adopted this name probably because their brand sucks) is using you as a QA tester. Now issue your findings so they can correct the data, you now work for them.

Rovi used to go by the name macrovision. They have a history of subpar offerings. The bottom line is TiVo did not renew gracenote, and had to switch over to this pile of junk. The only reason I'm with Comcast is because of TiVo. That value prop is severely diminished and now looking to just go over to directv again.

TiVo, the company we all loved and supported for years is no longer around.

·
I Am Sometimes Vocal
980 Posts
in the past, i have deleted shows from the old folder, then immediately restored the shows from the recently deleted folder, and have had them reappear in the newly created folder.

hope it works for you, please let us know.
Well that was a good idea, but the problem is that stupid ROVI put the episode name IN THE title. I did delete the other 2 and that one and it came back in 2 folders because of their idiocy. Same concept with Survivor except Type of Survivor replaces episode title.

This did not happen for instance in the case of Law and Order: SVU because that is the title of the show and always has been and the episode name is not part of the title.

I wonder if anyone with a brain from Tivo is looking at these Guide problem threads???

·
I Am Sometimes Vocal
980 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts

My TiVo connects every 24 hours. If "accurate data" is not updated on the servers any sooner than every 24 hours, reconnecting more frequently isn't going to make a difference.
But some of these issues are being fixed within 12 hours or so, or are being fixed before prime time programming. So a 12 hour connection cycle has a greater chance of catching the fixes.

Of course, it also mean the screw ups may wreck your to do list just before primetime shows start. So it's a mixed bag.

·
I Am Sometimes Vocal
980 Posts

Frequently since the "switch", new data for THAT day MAY not be ready when the tivo connects and that connect time is set by the tivo software depending on when the last connection was made. I have seen it set for MORE than 24 hours. Much of this stuff missed is cable news shows, but it can also happen on the late night shows that may not be ready with the new data, usually happening on a Monday morning. It is getting a bit better more and more.

HORRIBLE CONVERSION. If Tivo, Inc was developing and selling and supporting banking software, the world would be ending...:eek::rolleyes::cool::D

·
tabasco rules
16,582 Posts
Well that was a good idea, but the problem is that stupid ROVI put the episode name IN THE title. I did delete the other 2 and that one and it came back in 2 folders because of their idiocy. Same concept with Survivor except Type of Survivor replaces episode title.
oops, that would definitely prevent it from working with your shows, sorry to hear that it didn't help.

rivo :)D) has also pulled the survivor pass season-name-in-the-title mess with pbs' "american experience" - the new passes have the featured individual's name in the pass title at the time you create the pass - guess it's time to go back to the wishlist... :(

eta: changed from american masters to american experience (i always get those two mixed up!).

·
VP Product Dev & Chief Design Officer, TiVo
364 Posts
Since some say this is **the** thread where people get responses to lineup issues, I'm posting this here. It is a double post but I've had this problem for a month now, and have had no response from TiVo after reporting it to their lineup page weeks ago.

I'm in zip code 45315 with the "Time Warner Cable Dayton Standard Cable" lineup. My guide data for channel 1020, WCETHD, has had nothing but "To be announced" since the Rovi changeover. (I do receive this channel).
I've been told this has been fixed and you should be able to see this channel within 48 hours.

If anyone else is experiencing lineup issues, please send the specifics to me at [email protected] with the subject 'Lineup issue <zip code>'.

If you see mis-matched episodes and seasons, you can also report those to me at [email protected] with the subject 'Data issue <show name>'.

I apologize for the issues that some of you have been experiencing in our data switch-over. Sending me detailed reports of what isn't correct will help make it better for everyone.

Thank you,
-- Margret

·
Registered
89 Posts
Does anyone have a suggestion of how to deal with the new way "Masterpiece" shows are listed--Poldark on Masterpiece, zyzzy on Masterpiece, etc. I used to have a 1P for "Masterpiece" which caught all these. But that no longer works. I've done a wishlist using "Masterpiece" and so far that works, but it will grab anything with "Masterpiece" in the title, not just the PBS Masterpiece series. (Wish I could add a channel to the Wishlist, that would help.)

·
Registered
664 Posts
I've been told this has been fixed and you should be able to see this channel within 48 hours.

If anyone else is experiencing lineup issues, please send the specifics to me at [email protected] with the subject 'Lineup issue <zip code>'.

If you see mis-matched episodes and seasons, you can also report those to me at [email protected] with the subject 'Data issue <show name>'.

I apologize for the issues that some of you have been experiencing in our data switch-over. Sending me detailed reports of what isn't correct will help make it better for everyone.

Thank you,
-- Margret
Margret,

Your proactive help is much appreciated!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Does anyone have a suggestion of how to deal with the new way "Masterpiece" shows are listed--Poldark on Masterpiece, zyzzy on Masterpiece, etc. I used to have a 1P for "Masterpiece" which caught all these. But that no longer works. I've done a wishlist using "Masterpiece" and so far that works, but it will grab anything with "Masterpiece" in the title, not just the PBS Masterpiece series. (Wish I could add a channel to the Wishlist, that would help.)
I have exactly the same problem with Masterpiece. I think the "xxx on Masterpiece" name formula is coming from PBS itself.

·
Registered
13,215 Posts

Thank you,
-- Margret
I have a couple minor changes (most of them happened near or after the switchover) that I registered on the Tivo webpage.

I got an email today about one of them but I cannot tell which one because it just gave me a ticket number.

If they are being corrected, I can be patient, so I don't want to send them to you. But if they are not, I will happily send them to you. I just cannot tell.

·
TiVo's Italian Cuz!
5,275 Posts
Margret,

Your proactive help is much appreciated!
While I completely 100% agree that Margret is AMAZING and does absolutely WONDERFUL things for us here and for TiVo, I'm not sure "proactive" would be the appropriate term here.

Needless to say, I would be completely heartbroken if Margret were to be let go in this changeover!:( :down:

·
Registered
13,215 Posts
While I completely 100% agree that Margret is AMAZING and does absolutely WONDERFUL things for us here and for TiVo, I'm not sure "proactive" would be the appropriate term here.

Needless to say, I would be completely heartbroken if Margret were to let go in this changeover!:( :down:
She came to us and offered help. That is proactive. Answering tickets is reactive.

·
TiVo's Italian Cuz!
5,275 Posts
She came to us and offered help. That is proactive. Answering tickets is reactive.
I disagree......she came to us in "reaction" to all the long threads here complaining of Rovi data changeover issues, as well as the (I am sure) numerous calls, chats and emails about it too!

That seems pretty reactive to me, not proactive. Being proactive would've meant that she would've come here and started a thread BEFORE the changeover happened, warned us of possible issues and asked that we post there and/or email/PM her with any changes or issues.

801 - 820 of 1636 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.