TiVo Community Forum banner
321 - 340 of 1636 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Well, nothing was fixed after reloading. TIVO said that there is nothing we can do but as a last resort we have to power cycle and re setup the tivo like it was new. We then loose EVERYTHING!

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
Well, nothing was fixed after reloading. TIVO said that there is nothing we can do but as a last resort we have to power cycle and re setup the tivo like it was new. We then loose EVERYTHING!
It's better to change to a close zipcode first. That looks like a complete rebuild, but nothing is lost. That Clear & Delete is bad.

·
Registered
13,215 Posts
I'm sorry. Did they ever suggest rerunning guided setup? That doesn't lose things. I may have missed that if you said so. Apologies if so.

A complete rebuild is pretty drastic.

·
UHD Addict
24,271 Posts
Yeah, since terrorist-training-TV is not being resurrected any time soon :)
????

I really miss AJA news. I recorded dozens of hours of news from them each week. Now I'm back to watching CNN and FOX. Neither comes close to the quality of new reporting AJA had.

So far I've not noticed any major issues with my guide data from FIOS here in Northern VA. And I think my Premiere and Roamio on OTA switched too. Since it stopped sending out tweets through Tweevo. I'm sure there are probably some issues i just haven't noticed them. What's important to me is that my shows are being recorded like expected. And so far I have not missed any recordings.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I'm sorry. Did they ever suggest rerunning guided setup? That doesn't lose things. I may have missed that if you said so. Apologies if so.

A complete rebuild is pretty drastic.
They said they would send me instructions so I do not know if they want me to run guided setup. I assume it will keep my shows.

·
Unregistered User
322 Posts
????

I really miss AJA news.
Temporarily off topic, but follow the money. Some of their "correspondents" have been linked to terror groups, and a significant portion of the network's funding comes from the same state-supported bureaucracies in the Middle East that have directly supported terror groups. So, yeah, it comes across as an authentic looking and sounding source. But follow the money. And I know that this is not got to change some minds, so we'll leave it at that.

·
TiVo's Italian Cuz!
5,275 Posts
Temporarily off topic, but follow the money. Some of their "correspondents" have been linked to terror groups, and a significant portion of the network's funding comes from the same state-supported bureaucracies in the Middle East that have directly supported terror groups. So, yeah, it comes across as an authentic looking and sounding source. But follow the money. And I know that this is not got to change some minds, so we'll leave it at that.
Exactly! I used to be in PSYOPS and these type of people are the perfect targets for exactly what they really wanted to accomplish.

"Ooooohhhh......shiny!" :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Clear & Delete would be useless. Just run guided setup again and choose a different zip.
Here is what they sent in an email...

Thank you for contacting TiVo Customer Support. I am attaching an Article from our Knowledge Base related to your inquiry.
Here are the steps:
Force two connections to the TiVo Service.
Powercycle the Tivo. Unplug for 20 seconds then plug back in
Check for progress in adding Guide data: this could happen within 30 minutes, it might take up to 3 hours.
If there is no progress: Repeat Guided Setup.
Check for progress in adding Guide data after RGS: this could happen within 30 minutes, it might take up to 3 hours.
TiVo Customer Support

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Clear & Delete would be useless. Just run guided setup again and choose a different zip.
Why a different zip code? Won't I get the wrong info? Don't I pick Frontier FIOS and tell it my zip code? Not sure what it will ask for and will it keep my One Pass data? I guess I should write my 1 pass stuff down.

·
Registered
13,215 Posts
Here is what they sent in an email...

Thank you for contacting TiVo Customer Support. I am attaching an Article from our Knowledge Base related to your inquiry.
Here are the steps:
Force two connections to the TiVo Service.
Powercycle the Tivo. Unplug for 20 seconds then plug back in
Check for progress in adding Guide data: this could happen within 30 minutes, it might take up to 3 hours.
If there is no progress: Repeat Guided Setup.
Check for progress in adding Guide data after RGS: this could happen within 30 minutes, it might take up to 3 hours.
TiVo Customer Support
That sounds about right. Guided setup.

But it actually sounds like you are further down the script than they are talking. I love the unplug it and plug it back in again.

I do think this update takes two consecutive connections to work right as others reported and I saw myself. But, again, sounds like you are beyond that at this point.

Me, I would go right to guided setup. It isn't that painful.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
That sounds about right. Guided setup.

But it actually sounds like you are further down the script than they are talking. I love the unplug it and plug it back in again.

I do think this update takes two consecutive connections to work right as others reported and I saw myself. But, again, sounds like you are beyond that at this point.

Me, I would go right to guided setup. It isn't that painful.
OK, but do I loose 1P with guided setup?

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I was going to get my 1P from tivo online and they are gone for my premier(s). I guess I need to go to my tivo box and write then down! Will any of this ever be fixed?

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
http://www.zipmap.net/Oregon/Multnomah_County/Portland.htm

Find something near. I can't use my real zipcode either. I use the one that's my office (headend). It's on my bill. This will force a complete lineup rebuild, which should be the same. My office is 20 miles north, and I am at the edge. If I used the zipcode 6 miles west, it would be wrong. I use six miles northeast. It helps to know someone who knows the coverage map.

This map is for my internet: http://www.penteledata.net/map

·
Registered
13,215 Posts
I was going to get my 1P from tivo online and they are gone for my premier(s). I guess I need to go to my tivo box and write then down! Will any of this ever be fixed?
You are having a more unique experience than most. I know that doesn't help but it does mean that once you get past this, it isn't all that bad.

As a precaution, I took screen shots of the iphone app one passes but you could take photos of your TV screen.

Others backed up the list to their PCs.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I think the ones below 1000 are maybe listed because they have the auto tune feature enabled. When you tune those channels with an HD capable device, it automatically tunes into the HD version of the channel.

Good catch on KGMB! :)

A ton of mine came up with "to be announced" and I just did a guided setup again p, which fixed the issue.
I noticed that after the update, mine defaulted to the Ocean TWC Honolulu lineup. I had to repeat guided setup and chose the correct lineup for Hilo.

Thanks for the heads up also on KGMB. For us on the Big Island, KGMB analog is on channel 7 (instead of 9). I noticed that 7 and 87 are showing the incorrect KGMBDT2, but 1007 is correct. The real KGMBDT2 is 544 which appears to be correct.

A couple of East/West issues I also noticed which I reported via the lineup form:

434 / 1434 should be NickToon West, the lineup is showing East
1564 should be MGMHD East, the lineup is showing West

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
You are having a more unique experience than most. I know that doesn't help but it does mean that once you get past this, it isn't all that bad.

As a precaution, I took screen shots of the iphone app one passes but you could take photos of your TV screen.

Others backed up the list to their PCs.
How do I backup my list to the PC? I was going to do a copy/paste from tivo online but the 1P's are gone now!

321 - 340 of 1636 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.