TiVo Community Forum banner
301 - 320 of 1636 Posts

·
LOAD"*",8,1
42,074 Posts
No missing channels here (Time Warner Cable - Milwaukee).

Only guide oddity is that they list guide data for Al Jazeera English on the channel slot that formerly held Al Jazeera America, but now has nothing since AJA went off the air. I'm not going to bother reporting it, since I don't really care, to be perfectly honest.

·
Premium Member
17,081 Posts
No missing channels here (Time Warner Cable - Milwaukee).

Only guide oddity is that they list guide data for Al Jazeera English on the channel slot that formerly held Al Jazeera America, but now has nothing since AJA went off the air. I'm not going to bother reporting it, since I don't really care, to be perfectly honest.
Report it anyway. It is an error and if you don't report it the error will remain for a long time.

I do wish the TiVo lineup error reporting had an option for high priority vs. low priority. Though I suspect very few people would ever report anything as low priority. (Al Jazeera going away is low priority. An east/west coast time issue is high.)

- Dan

·
Registered
361 Posts
Channel Lineup: Oceanic Time Warner, Kahului Digital, 96768

Incorrect Channels: 9, 87, 1007 all labeled as KGMBDT2, but all are KGMB
(9 is analog, 87 is digital SD, 1007 is digital HD) KGMB is the Hawaii CBS affiliate, so this needs to be fixed right away. KGMBDT2 is a secondary digital (sub?) channel.

I'd say probably 100 or more channels below 1000 are incorrectly labeled as the HD versions but are not HD, examples: 116 is labeled as CNBCHD-NOOLY, 224 is labeled as ESPN2HD. On OTW, HD channels are all above #1000. This is secondary importance because most of us probably remove these from our channels and use the HD feeds.

A whole bunch of channels reported as "LO" (local origination) without distinguishing between them.

Update: 9/7/16, got a massive channel update again, and they fixed the problems with KGMB. You might have to force a couple of updates to get the guide data for KGMB.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ever since the Rovi transition, my guide got screwed up. I live in the 55901 zip code. The source is an over-the-air antenna. My reference number is 06097331.

Here's what needs fixing...

MISSING CHANNELS

2.6 KTCIDT2|Frequency: 23|Affiliate: TPT-MN
4.2 WCCODT2|Frequency: 32|Affiliate: Decades
5.2 KSTCDT|Frequency: 45|Affiliate: Independent
5.6 KSTCDT4|Frequency: 45|Affiliate: This TV
11.3 KAREDT3|Frequency: 11|Affiliate: Justice Network
13.2 WEAUDT2|Frequency: 38|Affiliate: Antenna TV
13.3 WEAUDT3|Frequency: 38|Affiliate: Heroes and Icons
13.4 WEAUDT4|Frequency: 38|Affiliate: Movies!
16.1 K16HYD|Frequency: 16|Affiliate: EWTN
16.2 K16HYD2|Frequency: 16|Affiliate: EWTN
16.3 K16HYD3|Frequency: 16|Affiliate: Religious
16.4 K16HYD4|Frequency: 16|Affiliate: EWTN
16.5 K16HYD5|Frequency: 16|Affiliate: EWTN
18.1 WQOWDT|Frequency: 15|Affiliate: ABC
18.2 WQOWDT2|Frequency: 15|Affiliate: CW
18.3 WQOWDT3|Frequency: 15|Affiliate: Decades
25.3 WLAXDT3|Frequency: 17|Affiliate: Laff
25.4 WLAXDT4|Frequency: 17|Affiliate: Grit
41.1 KPXMDT|Frequency: 40|Affiliate: ION Television
41.2 KPXMDT2|Frequency: 40|Affiliate: Qubo
41.3 KPXMDT3|Frequency: 40|Affiliate: ION Life
41.4 KPXMDT4|Frequency: 40|Affiliate: ION Shopping
41.5 KPXMDT5|Frequency: 40|Affiliate: QVC
41.6 KPXMDT6|Frequency: 40|Affiliate: HSN
43.1 KMBDLD|Frequency: 43|Affiliate: Bounce TV
43.2 KMBDLD2|Frequency: 43|Affiliate: Escape
43.3 KMBDLD3|Frequency: 43|Affiliate: Laff
43.4 KMBDLD4|Frequency: 43|Affiliate: Cozi TV
43.5 KMBDLD5|Frequency: 43|Affiliate: QVC
43.6 KMBDLD6|Frequency: 43|Affiliate: QVC Plus
48.1 WEUXDT|Frequency: 49/Affiliate: FOX
48.2 WEUXDT2|Frequency: 49|Affiliate: Me TV
48.3 WEUXDT3|Frequency: 49|Affiliate: Escape
48.4 WEUXDT4|Frequency: 49|Affiliate: Bounce TV
62.1 WDMILD|Frequency: 31|Affiliate: Daystar
62.2 WDMILD2|Frequency: 31|Affiliate: Hmong TV
62.3 WDMILD3|Frequency: 31|Affiliate: Daystar

CHANNELS WITH WRONG CALL LETTERS:

Listed as: KSTPDT3|Should be: KSTCDT3|Frequency: 45|Affiliate: Me TV
Listed as: KSTPDT4|Should be: KSTCDT4|Frequency: 45|Affiliate: Antenna TV

CHANNELS LISTED WITH WRONG AFFILIATES:

2.1 KTCADT|Listed as: PBS Affiliate|Should be: TPT-2HD/PBS//Frequency: 34
2.2 KTCADT2|Listed as: PBS Affiliate|Should be: TPT-MN|Frequency: 34
2.3 KTCIDT3|Listed as: PBS Affiliate|Should be: TPT-Life|Frequency: 23
2.4 KTCADT4|Listed as: PBS Affiliate|Should be: TPT-WX|Frequency: 34
15.2 KSMQDT2|Listed as: PBS Affiliate|Should be: MHz Worldview|Frequency: 20
15.3 KSMQDT3|Listed as: PBS Affiliate|Should be: Create|Frequency: 20
15.4 KSMQDT4|Listed as: PBS Affiliate|Should be: Minnesota Channel| Frequency: 20
24.2 KYINDT2|Listed as: PBS Affiliate|Should be: Create/PBS Kids|Frequency: 18
24.3 KYINDT3|Listed as: PBS Affiliate|Should be: PBS World|Frequency: 18
28.2 WHWCDT2|Listed as: PBS Affiliate|Should be: Wisconsin Channel|Frequency: 27
28.3 WHWCDT3|Listed as: PBS Affiliate|Should be: Create|Frequency: 27
31.2 WHLADT2|Listed as: PBS Affiliate|Should be: Wisconsin Channel|Frequency: 30
31.3 WHLADT3|Listed as: PBS Affiliate|Should be: Create|Frequency: 30

CHANNELS THAT SHOULD NOT BE IN MY GUIDE, BUT SOMEHOW ARE:

21.1 KTINDT|Frequency: 25| PBS Affiliate
21.2 KTINDT2|Frequency: 25|PBS Affiliate
21.3 KTINDT3|Frequency: 25|PBS Affiliate
29.1 WFTCDT|Frequency: 29|Affiliate: MyNetwork TV (moved location a long time ago)
29.3 WFTCDT4|Frequency: 29 Affiliate: Bounce TV (moved location a long time ago)
45.1 KSTCDT|Frequency: 45|Affiliate: Independent (moved location a long time ago)
45.2 KSTCDT2|Frequency: 45|Affiliate: Antenna TV (moved location a long time ago)
45.3 KSTCDT3|Frequency: 45|Affiliate: Me TV (moved location a long time ago)
45.4 KSTCDT4|Frequency: 45|Affiliate: This TV (moved location a long time ago)

Please bear in mind that also there lists two of every channel in the list, it should be fixed so there’s just one of each.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Palm Springs ca 92258 lineup is quite a mess. Main problem is Fox and CW main channels with program data won't tune in but secondary channels with exactly same numbers will tune in but no data. This of course means Onepass recordings try the channel with no signal. Plus I can't even do a manual recording because it flat out won't let me pick the secondary channels. And yes this happens on all channels setting. CW channel is 2-3 KCWQ-LD(channel that needs data is 2-3 KCWQ-DT and 2-1 KCWQ-LD) and fox is 33-2KDFX-CD(channels needing data 33-2 KDFX-DT and 33-3 KDFX-LD) lots of other channels with wrong guide info but CW and Fox are the only ones I watch that I care about.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Just got back from a 6 day vacation and had the "wrong channel list-M61" error. Would not let me delete the message or go back to live TV until I went through the guided setup (I have a Roamio but use antenna only). After doing the channel scan, every channel was duplicated in the channel list. I went through an unchecked all the duplicate numbers but when scrolling through the channels it would still take two clicks of the channel up/down button to pass a channel. Went to the Tivo site to report the issue and after looking up my service number, everything seemed to be ok so I did not complete the form. The guide data seems to be fully populated so I guess all is well.

·
HD Tech
1,053 Posts
That does seem to be the biggest difference between the two similar scenarios, doesn't it? TiVo is making daily changes.
And considering the number of problems the new guide introduced, especially for those poor people used to getting data for multiple overlapping area off-air channels, and those with lots of sports SPs, they seem to be working reasonably fast at fixing things once those things are reported to them.

Since there are multiple topics here with the same essential 'here's what's broken' content, I stress that your issues need to be reported to TiVo directly. I can't imagine anyone there reading the thousands of posts here and noting changes that need to be made. Call or email TiVo, it's the best chance there is of getting issues fixed in a timely manner.

As an aside, I bet it came as something of a shock to Rovi (seemingly living in some sort of bubble) to have it pointed out to them in no uncertain terms day after day how inaccurate and incomplete their guide product is in general.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am OTA only. The guide update resulted in a lot of my stations showing 'to be announced' in the guide, which hosed my onepasses and made those stations almost useless.

Thanks to the posts here I got an education on what the problem was and I reported those stations with their frequencies to Tivo. Tivo was very quick to add them to my zip code.

I am back in business! My thanks to the 'experts' in this forum for sharing their knowledge and to Tivo for the quick fix :)

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
That does seem to be the biggest difference between the two similar scenarios, doesn't it? TiVo is making daily changes.
The big difference here is that Rovi and TiVo are now the same company, so the competent people at TiVo that know what is going on have direct access to the Rovi database and have the power to change any information that is incorrect. Nobody else that uses Rovi data really has that power.

·
TiVo's Italian Cuz!
5,275 Posts
Channel Lineup: Oceanic Time Warner, Kahului Digital, 96768 Incorrect Channels: 9, 87, 1007 all labeled as KGMBDT2, but all are KGMB (9 is analog, 87 is digital SD, 1007 is digital HD) KGMB is the Hawaii CBS affiliate, so this needs to be fixed right away. KGMBDT2 is a secondary digital (sub?) channel. I'd say probably 100 or more channels below 1000 are incorrectly labeled as the HD versions but are not HD, examples: 116 is labeled as CNBCHD-NOOLY, 224 is labeled as ESPN2HD. On OTW, HD channels are all above #1000. This is secondary importance because most of us probably remove these from our channels and use the HD feeds. A whole bunch of channels reported as "LO" (local origination) without distinguishing between them.
I think the ones below 1000 are maybe listed because they have the auto tune feature enabled. When you tune those channels with an HD capable device, it automatically tunes into the HD version of the channel.

Good catch on KGMB! :)

I am OTA only. The guide update resulted in a lot of my stations showing 'to be announced' in the guide, which hosed my onepasses and made those stations almost useless. Thanks to the posts here I got an education on what the problem was and I reported those stations with their frequencies to Tivo. Tivo was very quick to add them to my zip code. I am back in business! My thanks to the 'experts' in this forum for sharing their knowledge and to Tivo for the quick fix :)
A ton of mine came up with "to be announced" and I just did a guided setup again p, which fixed the issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
On FIOS in NYC. Tivo Premiere using old SD menus because that is what I have used since my old trust directivo.
Got the warning that they would be doing some upgrades and to expect turbulence for hours at a time for the next few days. Channels seem to still be mapped fine.

OTA channels seemed to be mapped fine. If anything just got a few more channels from way off somewhere else I needed to disable.

FIOS channels also seem the same and mapped correctly. Though it's tough to tell since there is no program data for any FIOS channel. Every channel just says "To be announced" rendering the box basically useless for recording anything besides OTA.

Needless to say none too pleased. However given I was warned to expect outages the next two days I guess I should give them a little patience and not go into ranting and raving mode.

Hopefully they will make things good soon. I just feel lucky I have a rooftop antenna (the hilly topology of Staten Island can make for surprisingly poor tv reception) allowing my tivo to somewhat function for the time being.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Portland Oregon Frontier FIOS here...
To Do List is a MESS. Tivo told me to Go to the Help Settings and clear guide and To Do List data and it should clean things up. This will keep the One Pass data, so it should repopulate.

I am doing this now and will see if it fixes the To Do List MESS I now have on 2 Premieres!

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
Portland Oregon Frontier FIOS here...
To Do List is a MESS. Tivo told me to Go to the Help Settings and clear guide and To Do List data and it should clean things up. This will keep the One Pass data, so it should repopulate.

I am doing this now and will see if it fixes the To Do List MESS I now have on 2 Premieres!
That function on a Premiere will take hours. Be patient.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Good luck. Work with TiVo. They are pretty responsive and can drive the rovi data. Microsoft had no interest so nothing got done. I've (and others) have seen daily improvements and corrections but you need to bring them to tivo's attention.
We WMC users lived it and know for a fact that both Microsoft and Rovi were very responsive in the beginning and got many things fixed (cover art, lineup issues, generic descriptions). But we eventually hit a brick wall when it came to movie genres/categories and OADs for sports, similar to what we're seeing with Rovi right now. Hopefully Tivo management can break through that wall where Microsoft couldn't. Looks like some progress has been made with movies, so that's a positive sign.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
That function on a Premiere will take hours. Be patient.
Yes, I see that. I now have the guide repopulating after the clear, that itself took a while! However, when I first got the update the guide only took a few minutes, which I thought was strange. After it gets the new guide data (now at 86%) will the to do list be fixed or will it take more time to do that. I guess I wonder when I can see if all is OK again.

301 - 320 of 1636 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.