TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
I wonder if anyone with the technical knowhow and a TiVo will ever get desperate enough to come up with a way to hijack the guide data on its way through your home router and replace it with more accurate information gathered from the various TV schedule sources on the internet :).
I think that's pretty complicated. I used to have a Moxi DVR until I bought my TiVo last spring and it's been a growing concern among that user base that Arris will cut off the Tribune guide data at some point. I guess you would need to be able to update the code to get the data from another provider which is probably not easy to do.

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
Well my 1P for Gold Rush failed last night. I noticed around 9:30PM that it was not recording so when I checked I noticed that the art work was gone and replaced with just a green color and had the words gold rush. I checked the guide and when I selected info I was given the option to set up a 1P so I did, Now I have two 1Ps for Gold Rush. The new one has the art work from the old 1P and now the two specials are set to record next Friday.
The old 1P was working when I checked a few days ago but that was before they fixed the guide data not updating. It seems since that started to work this 1P failed. Another point is the old 1P had no show description for about 2 months. All you would get was the show title and the season and episode number. Last nights show had the show description but no season or episode number. Also no skip mode either for the new 1P. Also there was no skip mode for Gold Rush Pay Dirt that airs before the new episode.

I am noticing that a lot of the art work for programs is being replaced with just blue or green colored blocks and this looks really stupid with Hydra. I am considering dumping Hydra after the new year if this keeps up since what would be the point with just having blue and green colored tiles instead of art work. I am also wondering if the skip mode issues are related to Hydra or is this also happening on the old UI?
Now I have to fill out the survey again for missing skip mode data as this seems to be another thing that is occurring more often these days. Up until this month I hadn't had to fill out a survey for missing skip mode in a long time but now I am back to doing it a few times each week.
They don't have artwork for a Charlie Brown Christmas or the Great Pumpkin either. And this year A Christmas Story is listed as a 2017 movie. It's like they mixed the date of the new musical with the movie. Unbelievable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.