TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 9 of 21 Posts

·
Unregistered User
322 Posts
????

I really miss AJA news.
Temporarily off topic, but follow the money. Some of their "correspondents" have been linked to terror groups, and a significant portion of the network's funding comes from the same state-supported bureaucracies in the Middle East that have directly supported terror groups. So, yeah, it comes across as an authentic looking and sounding source. But follow the money. And I know that this is not got to change some minds, so we'll leave it at that.

·
Unregistered User
322 Posts
Ever since Rovi guide data, my Tivo onepass for O'Reilly factor is recording both the first airing at 8:00 pm and then also the re-airing at 11:00 pm.
Same here, but I had occurrences of that very issue back in July, before Rovi. I reported it back then and it was fixed. It may be unrelated to the Rovi data, but I reported it again yesterday.

In the mean time I just manually deleted all the 11:00 occurences for the next two weeks.

·
Unregistered User
322 Posts
I think this issue has existed for a long time.
+1

The duplicate recordings of O'Reilly (8PM ET & 11PM ET) were happening to me prior to the Rovi conversion. So additional factors may be in play.

Not much of a deal for me as, since late June, once a week I just run down the To Do list and hit clear on all 11PM O'Reilly entries.

·
Unregistered User
322 Posts
+1

The duplicate recordings of O'Reilly (8PM ET & 11PM ET) were happening to me prior to the Rovi conversion. So additional factors may be in play.

Not much of a deal for me as, since late June, once a week I just run down the To Do list and hit clear on all 11PM O'Reilly entries.
Well, well, well.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=540285

The only thing I remembered wrong about this is that I first saw it in May, not June as I misremembered in my previous post. And I've been seeing it right on through the Rovi conversion with no change. So even though it's not a big deal for me, it seems plausible now that it may not be connected to Rovi data.

·
Unregistered User
322 Posts
Really easy to understand. If Rovi can't push out accurate data sooner, then they need to program the TiVo DVR's to connect to the service daily to download newer listings. That way, the DVR's will get any corrected listings within 24 hours.
Not following your the logic.

My TiVo connects every 24 hours. If "accurate data" is not updated on the servers any sooner than every 24 hours, reconnecting more frequently isn't going to make a difference.

1 - 9 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.