TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
tabasco rules
16,356 Posts
Now, what's next to start complaining about?
yes, since this is a serious issue impacting daily basic functionality of tivo nationwide, there are complaints.

is someone forcing you to read this thread against your will?

·
tabasco rules
16,356 Posts
...the impact on my TiVos was minimal, and only on the guide, as none of my shows on 1Ps had any issues being recorded...
your experience is the same as mine for the first two weeks, then, all of a sudden, half my to do list disappeared, along with guide data for a handful of my favorite shows and channels.

·
tabasco rules
16,356 Posts
Mine was pretty good. The only show I had an issue with was Idiotest.

I don't use wishlists to record except in very specific instances and I don't record a bunch of sports. If I watch a game, I watch it pretty much live and if I don't, there are usually ways to watch it otherwise (MLB.tv, ESPN.com, BTN2Go, etc).

The TBA thing is nasty. There is no rhyme or reason that can be seen easily. With the changeover, I am missing data for a PBS subchannel and they have the local feeds for SNY and YES when they should be national, but otherwise, things were pretty good.

With the TBA bug, you could see whole channels wiping out. It only affected one unimportant recording, but my Bolt dutifully found the next airing and scheduled it (if it really exists).

The only "chat" show I record is the Daily Show and the data has been rock solid but the TBA bug bites seemingly randomly and seems to come and go with new data loads.

This one is something to complain a lot about. If you have issues and the baseline is steady, you can be specific and work through them. But the TBA bug has been all over the place and much harder to work through either as a customer or in conjunction with Tivo.
everything was ok with my tivo after the update for around two weeks, until it wasn't.

i checked my to do list saturday to schedule a few last season's finales before next week's season premieres, and all was well and ready to go. then, sunday or monday, mine went belly up.

before today's guide update, i had over 300 instances of "tba", but it's now been reduced to about 30, and most missing channel blocks/days of "tba" have been restored.

only 3 or 4 pass failures in the beginning, but strangely, ray donovan on sho failed with today's download - go figure.

·
tabasco rules
16,356 Posts
The TBA issue was scary but was handled extremely swiftly.
i wasn't scared, i'd call it disappointed. bugs are one thing, basic dvr functions like the guide and pass recordings are another. while they addressed this within a few days, how was this allowed to happen to begin with when there were months to prepare?

let's not pretend it's fixed, either - it's better, yes, but far from the level of service previously offered, and still broken in places. tivo will have to earn my trust back.

·
tabasco rules
16,356 Posts
I think the problem I am having is different than most. Every channel but one in my guide are TBA. I submitted a lineup ticket on the 1st and have called several times over the last two weeks and nobody at tivo can give me an eta.

I don't think 2-3 days is swift either, but if you got yours fixed that quickly consider yourself at least a little lucky.
have you tried repeating guided setup?

·
tabasco rules
16,356 Posts
Yup, Every couple of days or so. I've also received several lineup updates, but they are never updates that makes any difference for me.
i would try deleting thumb ratings, then to do list and guide data, through settings >help, and then repeat guided setup again (i know this is time consuming and a pain).

have you escalated your issue to a supervisor? i'd say your case has been open long enough for you to request next level support.

·
tabasco rules
16,356 Posts
For a glitch this big, it is...BTW, the first report I see of the TBA problem here is late afternoon/early evening ET on 9/12. The fix was reported as working by midday 9/14. That is less than two working days. The is pretty damned quick.
i agree the turnaround was about as fast as should be expected. the tech support call volume following missed recordings seems to help speed things along. ;)

·
tabasco rules
16,356 Posts
I've redone guided setups several times and don't have any thumb ratings....My tivo is new. I didn't realize when I bought it they were in the middle of switching guide info over to rovi or I probably would have waited awhile. Now I have a $400 VCR.

Every time I talk to tivo they just tell me that there are lots of people having issues and that I am just going to have to wait.

Instead of me explaining my whole situation, if you want, you can check out my thread

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=543027
yours appears to be a different issue than what's being addressed in this thread, and i would guess the delay in resolving your issue is terrible timing due to what we're discussing in this thread (and other threads).

i disagree with the post that described a call tivo tech support as worthless. call back (best time is m-f during the day), request a supervisor, and ask for an update on your case.

·
tabasco rules
16,356 Posts
my new pass for "survivor" disappeared following today's connection, so i recreated through the guide.

·
tabasco rules
16,356 Posts
...I have 2 separate folders of this show...
in the past, i have deleted shows from the old folder, then immediately restored the shows from the recently deleted folder, and have had them reappear in the newly created folder.

hope it works for you, please let us know.

·
tabasco rules
16,356 Posts
Well that was a good idea, but the problem is that stupid ROVI put the episode name IN THE title. I did delete the other 2 and that one and it came back in 2 folders because of their idiocy. Same concept with Survivor except Type of Survivor replaces episode title.
oops, that would definitely prevent it from working with your shows, sorry to hear that it didn't help.

rivo :)D) has also pulled the survivor pass season-name-in-the-title mess with pbs' "american experience" - the new passes have the featured individual's name in the pass title at the time you create the pass - guess it's time to go back to the wishlist... :(

eta: changed from american masters to american experience (i always get those two mixed up!).

·
tabasco rules
16,356 Posts
Is there some reason there are so many items in the guide that aren't in English? Up until the conversion, there were some movies that had Spanish descriptions, but now searching for an actor brings up a list of movies and TV shows with non-English descriptions.
i've noticed this is happening more often, too, the number of repeat titles for the same movie can approach upwards of a dozen listings...

·
tabasco rules
16,356 Posts
Channel Lineup: Comcast Royal Oak 48067

MISSING Channels:
- channel 1291 should be DIYHD
- channel 1516 should be TDHD

I have reported this to TiVo twice in the last six weeks and still have not seen it fixed. Not sure what else to do but trying this.
email [email protected] with the details including your tsn, and she'll have it resolved soon.

·
tabasco rules
16,356 Posts
Hi:

I'd like to report a channel lineup issue.

Comcast/Xfinity in area code 98033
Channel 628 is shown as "ESCE1" whereas it is actually "PAC12HD" (PAC 12 Network High Definition)

Please make the above correction.
this needs to be emailed to [email protected]

·
tabasco rules
16,356 Posts
I've been trying to find two shows that are starting in February (24: Legacy and The Blacklist: Redemption) in search and neither exist. TiVo used to let you search for upcoming shows, but apparently they no longer do so.

I wonder how long it will take for them to show up?
be careful when adding 1p as soon as they are available through search, i suggest creating a wishlist and waiting until just before the pilot airs (this has worked better for me).

the reason? i've had 1p for new shows change several times between search availability and before air, causing missed eps, or failing to record the new show entirely.

Reactions: wish_bgr

·
tabasco rules
16,356 Posts
I actually had that happen where I added a OnePass for a show via the TiVo iOS app and nothing recorded because it created it for "wrong" show. The OnePass I created had no upcoming airings or episode information. When I created a OnePass from the guide on the box it used the "correct" show. Looking at the two OnePasses, they looked identical (same name) so there was no way by looking to see which was the right one.
also watch for a 1p that shows ep info, then later the info disappears when an alternate 1p is created. :mad:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.