TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
Hi Ralph. Since your next step may involve losing everything, here are some "last ditch" suggestions. Put back your original drive. Next, do you have any friends or family close by? If they have a free port on their router, you can take the box to their house. You'll need a short length of CAT-5, and HDMI cable (or take your own TV if it's small), and a 12' extension cord. Guided setup does not need coax until it's time to check the channels. If they are close enough the coax could be used, but that's not a networking issue. Also, if you plug into their router, there are no security issues like you would have with WiFi (which sucks on a Roamio).

My money says it's your router (50%) or Comcast (50%). Last year my cable company was playing with the idea of using TiVo boxes. They blocked TiVo.com. That was a bad day for me.

Screen shot?

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
I am connected directly to D-Link DCM-301 cable modem. No router or switches in between. I just got off the phone with Comcast internet support. Nice gentleman in that dept. says its more than likely the cable modem or Tivo service. Sorry i didnt include screen shot. Here it is.
There's an Internet Diagnostic in the Network Settings/Diagnostics display. That should pass. Try a far away zip code. Something in the download is making your TiVo unhappy. It happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.