TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Roamio Pro has started having issues locking up (I think). For the second time in 2 weeks, I've turned the TV on to find a screen with nothing but static (see the attached photo). It's not a signal issue, as the Tivo won't respond to any commands from the remote. Through cable swapping, etc., I've verified it is the Tivo and no other components. If I unplug / replug the power it boots up and works fine. I think it's locked up because my Spectrum tuning adapter usually flashes a red led when the Tivo sends it a signal. When the problem occurs, that led doesn't flash, which leads me to believe that the Tivo is hard locked. Has anyone seen this before?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
That's (most likely) an HDMI Handshake issue.

Try altering the Power On sequence you're using. Give the TV several moments before powering on any of the other devices you have connected.

Are you putting the TiVo in to any kind of Standby mode? The first step is usually to fully disable Standby.

-KP

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's (most likely) an HDMI Handshake issue.

Try altering the Power On sequence you're using. Give the TV several moments before powering on any of the other devices you have connected.

Are you putting the TiVo in to any kind of Standby mode? The first step is usually to fully disable Standby.

-KP
Thanks. I tried changing the power up sequence, used different HDMI ports, etc. and still couldn't get it to work without a power cycle. I have standby disabled.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.